What would be needed for me to play KOTOR 2 again?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: What would be needed for me to play KOTOR 2 again?

Post by Madner Kami »

Hm, I feel like we've been here before. Multiple times.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I've said before. I am hesitant to buy the game online until I know for SURE it'll work that way.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

I bought it through Steam (which includes a patch which fixes most of the bugs) and it plays fine on my system, using Windows 10.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I use Windows 7.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Here: https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_ii_the_sith_lords

This is GUARANTEED to work. And it's only $10.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Yeah, I'm not sure I follow the logic of not just going ahead and buying it. Both the GOG and Steam versions should work on the vast majority of set-ups.

If for whatever reason it doesn't work, you'll still a) finally know whether it works or not and be able to gather more info to figure out what exactly the problem is, and b) have the game in your library for whenever you're ready to play it. If $10 seems like a lot for a game that old (gamers, including myself, have been conditioned to expect everything other brand new AAA to be dirt cheap), I can almost guarantee that it'll be 50% off or better somewhere sooner rather than later. You can check its price at various sites at isthereanydeal.com

Alternatively, if you're dead set on not spending money on a game that might not work, one advantage Steam does have if you buy from them directly is a pretty easy refund system (provided you bought the game recently and played it less than 2 hours). You could also test it out by getting a free trial of Origin Access, which gives you 10 hours of access to a bunch of EA licensed games, including their Star Wars catalogue.

In other words, there are a lot of viable options here.
The owls are not what they seem.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 amIf for whatever reason it doesn't work, you'll still a) finally know whether it works or not and be able to gather more info to figure out what exactly the problem is, and b) have the game in your library for whenever you're ready to play it. If $10 seems like a lot for a game that old (gamers, including myself, have been conditioned to expect everything other brand new AAA to be dirt cheap), I can almost guarantee that it'll be 50% off or better somewhere sooner rather than later. You can check its price at various sites at isthereanydeal.com
He could have gotten it for free. He choose not to. Still not sure why, but whatever.
Sensible User wrote:
Yukaphile wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm I use Windows 7.
Then why rant about Windows 10?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

You can just find somebody that has the game on their cpu and trade cpus with them.
Power laces... alright.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Awesome. I think I'll buy in the next few days.