Where did Fuzzy go?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Where did Fuzzy go?

Post by Madner Kami »

He wrote short-stories. At least one was recently picked up by a podcast and he got paid for it. In short: He simply has a job and is focusing on that now, instead of forum-SJWarrioring.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, it's good he's okay at least. And yeah, that was a mighty fine dig. I only announce it to make sure others know I am trying to consider them, the most disruptive member is gone, that kinda mindset.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm He wrote short-stories. At least one was recently picked up by a podcast and he got paid for it. In short: He simply has a job and is focusing on that now, instead of forum-SJWarrioring.
For crying out loud enough with that BS over him not agreeing with your brand of BS.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:30 pm Well, it's good he's okay at least. And yeah, that was a mighty fine dig. I only announce it to make sure others know I am trying to consider them, the most disruptive member is gone, that kinda mindset.
The second sentence is for me?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I mean, tbf, Fuzzy is definitely of the SJW mold. "Social Justice Warrior." I'm personally not opposed to that, of course, but given a lot of SJWs I see tend to be very bad people, and those with the "anti-SJW" mindset become just like them as reactionaries, it really gets me angry.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm I mean, tbf, Fuzzy is definitely of the SJW mold. "Social Justice Warrior." I'm personally not opposed to that, of course, but given a lot of SJWs I see tend to be very bad people, and those with the "anti-SJW" mindset become just like them as reactionaries, it really gets me angry.
What does reactionary mean and why is it inherently bad?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Good riddens.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Okay, seriously, I don't hate you, Admiral X, but that was just sad. Is he an unapologetically bleeding-heart leftist who is at an extreme odd angle to everyone here? Yes. But he contributed to this forum, and it's sad to see him go especially at a time when this forum's membership is waning worse than ever. We're all fans of Chuck's works, aren't we? So even if we get on each other's nerves, I still think the people here contribute something positive, if nothing else other than fan feedback. Yes, even those I have on my block list.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I never saw anything particularly "bleeding-heart" about him. Hate-filled is what I would call him. He was probably the second-most toxic person here. I really can't say I'll miss him, and since he made such a big deal out of having me on ignore, I'd guess the feeling is mutual. The forum is better without him.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:45 pm Okay, seriously, I don't hate you, Admiral X, but that was just sad. Is he an unapologetically bleeding-heart leftist who is at an extreme odd angle to everyone here? Yes. But he contributed to this forum, and it's sad to see him go especially at a time when this forum's membership is waning worse than ever. We're all fans of Chuck's works, aren't we? So even if we get on each other's nerves, I still think the people here contribute something positive, if nothing else other than fan feedback. Yes, even those I have on my block list.
He justified more than just arguments...