Eat any good books lately Worf?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Alasar
Redshirt

Re: Eat any good books lately Worf?

Post by Alasar »

Apart from way too much academic literature I have to slog through I've been enjoying the foundation series (in prep to watch SFD's review, as I prefer to that I have either finished reading the books or I have decided not to read them before watching the book reviews). Other books I'm going through at the moment are the Long Earth series (mainly for Pratchett R.I.P) and the Sherlock Holmes and Edgar Allan Poe collections. Must admit that though I have a long list of books I would like to finish, the mandatory 800+ pages a week I have to read do take my enjoyment out of it.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

A reread of Dune is next on my list, then probably Dune Messiah.
The owls are not what they seem.
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

I've started Saga and Transmetropolitan. currently waiting on the entries further down the line to ship
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Just finished 7th doctor novel "Illegal Alien". Title really has bugger-all to do with the content except that there are, shock of shocks, aliens in the story, but it was really good and surprisingly pertinent. Takes place during the blitz, and Ace thinks a little about the Neo-Nazis that killed her friend.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville