What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
LittleRaven
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by LittleRaven »

I got sucked into Battlefleet Gothic 2 HARD this weekend. Damn, but that game is a MAJOR improvement over the first one, and I thought the first one was pretty damn good.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 am Whenever I attempt a new playthrough or try to finish a previous one, I end up entangling myself in building an increasingly elaborate and far-stretched base that allows me to go anywhere on dry foot at some point. I haven't played through once so far -.-
Must try that some day... I find it slightly frustrating that by the time I've got a base set up how I like it and am ready to really get around to using it as a based for exploration I've explored practically everything anyway (part of the drive to explore being to get more bits for the base).

The problem with the ending is that by the time I get to it I don't really feel like playing the ending.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yup, the solo-player storyline and the sandbox-evolution aren't really well lined up.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Felt the urge to break out the 3DS, so fired up Fire Emblem Fates Birthright. I previously played the other version, Conquest, which is... alright but has bothered me more over time.

At about chapter 16 and it's quite obvious you're intended to play Birthright before Conquest. In fact a substantial chunk of Conquest's problems are because it was stretched out into a full campaign- it probably would have stood up better as a series of DLC chapters or sidequests.

Unto itself Birthright is... it's Fire Emblem. I've played better and worse Fire Emblem, the main thing it's bringing to the table is some more robust new promoted classes and an uncommonly good example of the series' staple Honorable Enemy General trope: I mean, in the other timeline these are your core party after all.

That said playing the two together does highlight some things that give me a better sense of what the game is going for with Corrin, it reminds me a bit of Wonder Woman. It doesn't really work, because I get the sense Birthright is about tempering that compassionate edge and Conquest rather consistently portrays it as not merely naive but harmfully so. But I'm liking having a better handle on why I'm feeling down on the game as time goes on.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I noticed the StarCraft icon on my desktop, as if for some reason it shouldn't be there having never uninstalled it. Or maybe like I didn't want to go through any possible BNet account logistics hassle, and noticing the icon kinda dissipated that anxiety. Anyways I double clicked it and guessed the right password right off the bat (username was pre input).

It took me a few minutes to find a 3v3 BGH game, as it was a bit sparse (one showing at a time), and took like 3 lobbies to finally get a game. And I won! A 5 minute match that amounted to mostly zealots preventing a zerg rush on a team mate followed by a swift counter attack next door with another horde of zealot teammates. Started making some dragoons, but that enemy's teammates left shortly after his defeat.

Of the lobbies I joined, it was pretty comfortable seeing a lot more people with negative score records, as I've always sat with like a .333 record (keeping my wins at least half my losses). Unfortunately my volume of matches played with this account isn't that high, which probably led to the slight struggle in finding a match to begin with.
Power laces... alright.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

99 gd percent on my Arkham Origins save file. Steam hours are at 123 hours, so it's safe to say that I WILL come in time ahead of Arkham Knight.

Arkham Knight had a s ton of collectibles and the challenge maps were rather vast as you must include all the car battles and time trials. The most tedious aspect of Origins is I had to play through the game two extra times after having already beat it twice to complete the Dark Knight leveling system.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

DRAGON AGE ORIGINS.

I love SFDebris. The only reason I bought this game was he made it sound so good in his reviews.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Power laces... alright.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:22 am DRAGON AGE ORIGINS.

I love SFDebris. The only reason I bought this game was he made it sound so good in his reviews.
Huh, I found Mass Effect 2 cheap when that came up as a review so I thought I'd give it a playthrough first. I would never have got so annoyed by 3 if it wasn't for that! Rather unfair to blame that on Chuck though.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

Discovered that Japan has been doing its own translations of certain franchises and have been importing off play-Asia. I'm currently alternating between gundam breaker 3 on my PS4 and Super Robot Wars V on my Vita. SRW: The moon dwellers is waiting to be played before I move on to Devil May Cry V.