What would be needed for me to play KOTOR 2 again?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: What would be needed for me to play KOTOR 2 again?

Post by Yukaphile »

I was able to buy right now! So what do I do?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

You download them, then install them. Follow this link:

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/213148105-How-do-I-download-my-purchased-items-
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

TGLS wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:02 pm You download them, then install them. Follow this link:

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/213148105-How-do-I-download-my-purchased-items-
And if you're worried about archival or whatever, make a copy of the install file and put it on a flash drive or something. That's the SECOND big pro with GOG.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, I downloaded GOG Galaxy, even bought the game... and my goddamned fucking computer is acting up again, saying the shortcut has been deleted or moved. It was open, then shut, and the shortcut is gone. I won't be able to access it again. I know because Skype did the same thing just a little while ago. What do I do? Will I have to reinstall Windows? I am NOT a computer geek. I don't know software.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am Well, I downloaded GOG Galaxy, even bought the game... and my goddamned fucking computer is acting up again, saying the shortcut has been deleted or moved. It was open, then shut, and the shortcut is gone. I won't be able to access it again. I know because Skype did the same thing just a little while ago. What do I do? Will I have to reinstall Windows? I am NOT a computer geek. I don't know software.
Holy hell... Yeah, that ain't the game, something's up. Sadly, my skill is only a bit above yours...

Anyone else got any ideas?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am Well, I downloaded GOG Galaxy, even bought the game... and my goddamned fucking computer is acting up again, saying the shortcut has been deleted or moved. It was open, then shut, and the shortcut is gone. I won't be able to access it again. I know because Skype did the same thing just a little while ago. What do I do? Will I have to reinstall Windows? I am NOT a computer geek. I don't know software.
Do you have anti-virus software installed? Try running a scan. If you need anti-virus software, try AVG: https://www.avg.com/en-ca/homepage#pc

Try looking for the executables in program files (Open up "My Computer", then "C:", then "Program Files (x86)"). Are the programs there?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu