Is it really the M-SHE-U

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BBally81
Officer

Re: Is it really the M-SHE-U

Post by BBally81 »

Honestly, the only thing that's giving this "M-SHE-U" culture war buzzword any sort of ammo is that the last few MCU projects haven't been all that profitable, which has a lot more to do with other factors and not what one particular side thinks.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Although it makes it easier to find a holes on YouTube, if I see a video with M-SHE-U in the title or thumbnail I know just to not recommend the whole channel.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:21 am Although it makes it easier to find a holes on YouTube, if I see a video with M-SHE-U in the title or thumbnail I know just to not recommend the whole channel.
*execs* We have 20 million established fans for this comic franchise and they're mostly this one demographic. We need to round stuff out more as the industry has already been fleeting, but we can't really gauge what's popular with all the other demographics.

*writers room* Here try this.

*Fandom* We can sniff out every established influence and approach to this product and you're clearly trying to make stuff that Biden likes instead of us.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:55 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:21 am Although it makes it easier to find a holes on YouTube, if I see a video with M-SHE-U in the title or thumbnail I know just to not recommend the whole channel.
*execs* We have 20 million established fans for this comic franchise and they're mostly this one demographic. We need to round stuff out more as the industry has already been fleeting, but we can't really gauge what's popular with all the other demographics.

*writers room* Here try this.

*Fandom* We can sniff out every established influence and approach to this product and you're clearly trying to make stuff that Biden likes instead of us.
Well that is assuming the writer's room didn't decide to do fan service for that new product of the franchise. Too much and there are in the Fandom who will consider it the worse or the best. Or if the writer's room really does something different from the other products of the franchise and then you got the Fandom thinking it was too boring or the worse, with the other thinking it's best thing they made in a long time. Or that rare case where most of the Fandom comes together where it's the best thing ever or the worse thing ever or it's meh.

Its only when there is a sniff of an agenda. Whether it's real or not where we get the rabid fans. It's one thing to debate with each other about the quality of a show or movie within a franchise. But entirely different with perceived agendas. Which is where we get rage over a couple of women kissing in the background (Skywalker) or worse married (Eternals and Doctor Strange 2). Especially the later where it's a scene that can be counted in seconds.

Heaven forbid if there is an indication of a feminist agenda going on. I have seen quite a few video reviews bashing Last Jedi because of a perceived feminist agenda. Maybe there is, maybe not.
I got nothing to say here.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:25 amHeaven forbid if there is an indication of a feminist agenda going on. I have seen quite a few video reviews bashing Last Jedi because of a perceived feminist agenda. Maybe there is, maybe not.
9 times out of 10, feminist agenda is a dog-whistle for manufactured outrage, supported by chat-bot-nets, to which a bunch of bad actors play their flute to scam a dime from an overtly loud crowd of sexless, socially bad-adjusted arseholes singing along. And, to be fair, Kathleen Kennedy was good at manufacturing that with her "The Force is female" bullshit. The result shouldn't have been death threats to the actor of Rose, but a collective groan and a silent death of the product, because nobody wants to watch something that relies on hate to sell (both the hate of the aforementioned arseholes, as well as the hate of those who got nothing better to do than react Pavlovian style to a disgruntled, disenfranchised minority).
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:10 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:25 amHeaven forbid if there is an indication of a feminist agenda going on. I have seen quite a few video reviews bashing Last Jedi because of a perceived feminist agenda. Maybe there is, maybe not.
9 times out of 10, feminist agenda is a dog-whistle for manufactured outrage, supported by chat-bot-nets, to which a bunch of bad actors play their flute to scam a dime from an overtly loud crowd of sexless, socially bad-adjusted arseholes singing along. And, to be fair, Kathleen Kennedy was good at manufacturing that with her "The Force is female" bullshit. The result shouldn't have been death threats to the actor of Rose, but a collective groan and a silent death of the product, because nobody wants to watch something that relies on hate to sell (both the hate of the aforementioned arseholes, as well as the hate of those who got nothing better to do than react Pavlovian style to a disgruntled, disenfranchised minority).
I have seen lengthy reviews of The Last Jedi and some of them stop to point out certain scenes. Holdo interactions with Poe was one of them. Or Poe's actions in general. So there might be a perceived agenda going on or maybe someone is just digging in too far looking things that aren't there.
I got nothing to say here.