What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
LittleRaven
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by LittleRaven »

I'm back on Endless Space 2. They keep making expansions and forcing me to buy them!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Took a little break from Arkham games after having collected all the riddles for both City and Knight for a second time. Fun part is though I get to play NG+ in Arkham Knight fresh from having a break after collecting/solving hundreds of puzzles at hours end.

I think after this I will do another run through from Origins to Knight.
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Do you have an OCD?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Well I stopped playing it for a matter of weeks.

I don't think it's much different than binge watching a TV show when I am riddle hunting. At least with me, I don't particularly like to binge watch as I don't really remember what I watched when I stop and get my mind on other things. Feels like a drone effect.

Otherwise when I play through the games there's an understandable simulation effect of being Batman conveyed through handling the situations as they come. Conversely from the riddle hunting though, I tend to just stop when I get my fix.
Last edited by BridgeConsoleMasher on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Power laces... alright.
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

They Are Billions finally officially released, so I'm playing the campaign.

Fun! Very unforgiving. But fun!
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:01 pm Well I stopped playing it for a matter of weeks.

I don't think it's much different than binge watching a TV show when I am riddle hunting. At least with me, I don't particularly like to binge watch as I don't really remember what I watched when I stop and get my mind on other things. Feels like a drone effect.

Otherwise when I play through the games there's an understandable simulation effect of being Batman conveyed through handling the situations as they come. Conversely from the riddle hunting though, I tend to just stop when I get my fix.
Is it really still Riddle "Hunting", when you've done a 100% playthrough repeatedly already though? I mean, don't get me wrong, I have a number of games that I replay every now and then and do even the more outlandishly unnecessary stuff there as well, but usually that's tied to stories (in RPGs) or actually kinda variable skill-play (Metroidvanias for example).

As for what I play right now, outside of the usual "daily" stuff like "World of Warships" or "Final Fantasy XIV" and the occasional weekend session of "Stellaris", is "Ruiner". I just finished replaying ">observer_" a few days ago, still as dystopian and disillusioning as when I played it the first time, highly recommended, except for people like Yuka, who would probably fall down the deep end even further. As for "Ruiner", I hope I can finish a playthrough this time. Can't quite put my finger on why I stopped playing it somewhere along the line twice by now. I had the same problem with "Baldur's Gate 2", which I started like a houndred times, loved to death, but got distracted and couldn't get into it again without restarting from scratch.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:57 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:01 pm Well I stopped playing it for a matter of weeks.

Is it really still Riddle "Hunting", when you've done a 100% playthrough repeatedly already though? I mean, don't get me wrong, I have a number of games that I replay every now and then and do even the more outlandishly unnecessary stuff there as well, but usually that's tied to stories (in RPGs) or actually kinda variable skill-play (Metroidvanias for example).
I don't really follow what you mean. When Arkham City came around, the developers intentionally made it overly cumbersome to the point you go very much out of your way to find them all. Over the map and in the dungeons there are a combined 200 trophies, "riddles" to be scanned, and breakable objects. Playing around the second time, just trying to grab w/ever I could through the playthrough, I only end up with like 50 (maybe 60-70 the second time, and like 40 the first lol) something solved by the time the story is done. Then in order to save the hostages and defeat Riddler as a side villain/quest, you have to get it all done in order to access his final stage.

By the second time around, you are familiar with a lot of them, though a good amount of them were still hidden from my general perusing for them alone and some of them still required homed skills to the point where it still took like 5-10 minutes of attempts to get it. I mean technically all the Riddler informants allow you to directly locate them on the map, but that's still kinda hunting technically. And you do gotta get like 30 informants or something to find all of it.

This is the north end of Arkham City. You can see the little legend that shows "?" for trophies, "[]" for scan riddles, then stars for breakable objects (plus cameras in the streets), along the Catwoman DLC riddler trophies in pink. So I guess it's way more than 200 combined.
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Ah, I got the vibe that you are "hunting" just to get a 100% completion rating, when you had already 100% before. I did not realize that the point of your hunt was defeating a sidequest's boss.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:36 am Ah, I got the vibe that you are "hunting" just to get a 100% completion rating, when you had already 100% before. I did not realize that the point of your hunt was defeating a sidequest's boss.
Yeah, but it's also a new save file that has a fresh percentage counter.

Second time around I played the games on Hard also.
Power laces... alright.
Jclark
Redshirt

Post by Jclark »

Insurgency: Sandstorm, think counter strike but slower and more tactical. Also free for a few days, but be warned it's a beast to run.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, think anime Top Gun with Big Bertha style Railguns.