What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I don't think you have to be online to log in to steam Technically.
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Mecha82 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 pmNot with video games that I like to play. Yeah, I don't play any of video games on consoles that have forced always online while with PC games it's every modern game that has that.
And here you are wrong. Steam has an offline mode and the entire point of GoG.com is, to have no DRM in the first place`, if it can be avoided. The games that are always online on PC, are the games that are always online for consoles as well.
Mecha82 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 pmOnly video games on consoles that have that are those Triple A ones that have been made with "video games as service"-model in mind. But your attempts to insult me do amuse me little bit.
Not trying to insult you, just playing off a stereotype I find funny, as I found your attitude funny.
Yukaphile wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 pm No, I have the CDs. All four of them.
Do you have a Steam or GoG-account? Also, do you want to play StarCraft 2?
Last edited by Madner Kami on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'd also love to play the Halo games.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I really have to spell it out, don't I?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Yes you do. How does Steam actually work? You can play Halo 2 and Halo 3? Or the KOTOR games?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Doing the batmobile time trials in Arkham Knight. For all that's said about the vehicle in that game, these speed runs are of what I most looked forward coming back to and am having a fun time again.
Power laces... alright.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

The Master Chief collection is supposed to be coming in the not too distant future, and that'll include a PC port of all the Halo games from what I heard, except that the first two are going to be the anniversary editions that used improved graphics and redone scoring.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I don't have Vista. I was asking about Steam.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

So am I. The Master Chief Collection is coming out on Steam. Steam is basically just a publisher with an online store you can buy games at, and it has a launcher with all your games you bought through them on it. You can also create shortcuts for your non-Steam games on the launcher. It's the reason why EA and so many others are trying to emulate them in order to get in on that. Only downside to not using CDs anymore is that it takes up a ton of space on your HD.

Gads, I haven't had Vista since 7 came out. :lol: And I've stubbornly stuck to 7. :lol:
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Yeah, but... will it work on my computer? My CD copy of Halo 2 won't. I have Windows 7 too.