What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
CmdrKing
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by CmdrKing »

Slowly chipping away at Bloodstained. It has a lot of rough edges, especially on Switch, but it’s so enthusiastically what it is I don’t really care. The Castlevania parts are intensely Castlevania, the unique elements are predominantly superficial but vivid and memorable (particularly that Shard animation), there’s quite a lot to recommend even if i’ve *probably* played a better Metroidvania this year.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I have been playing some PS4 version of Disgaea 1 Complete. If some one doesn't know Disgaea is strategy RPG series that has lot of quirky characters and plenty of humor with some dramatic twists and turns thrown in for good measure. I did already play this one year's ago on DS but I wasn't very good at it because back then I didn't fully understand fine points of that game's game mechanics. So now I have 2nd chance with PS4 version and I am doing better than back then.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

It's moments like this that make MMO raids fun.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeadCulturedHareTF2John

Everyone else is dead, last one standing, giant robot's in pursuit, and I managed to take it down right as it punched me to my last 0.04% of health.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I'm a bit surprised, that you are a japanese person or are you just playing FF XIV on a jap server? I got an account on an NA one, though I did not really have time to play it lately. Love the game, but the light shows always distract me a bit too much for my liking.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I usually play in the middle of the night, so this character is on a Japanese server. I have characters across five different data centers.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Arkham Knight update:

Doing challenge missions. Remembered I can do all the combat/stealth missions as other characters in Batman.

Having fun doing challenges as Red Hood who has dual pistols as an item. I love doing combat challenges with him.
Power laces... alright.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 am Arkham Knight update:

Doing challenge missions. Remembered I can do all the combat/stealth missions as other characters in Batman.

Having fun doing challenges as Red Hood who has dual pistols as an item. I love doing combat challenges with him.
Played Arkham Knight and the DLC stuff myself earlier this year. Too bad Red Hood's DLC was so short, because man it felt good to play as him.

Personally I replayed the original Red Dead Redemption and finished it just a few days ago.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 pm

Played Arkham Knight and the DLC stuff myself earlier this year. Too bad Red Hood's DLC was so short, because man it felt good to play as him.
It really was. I had to ignore Two Face for just a little bit so I could have some fun with Hood's distinctive fighting style. He fights just like I'd expect him to.

Lol how Harley Quinn's sneak takedown is specifically labeled "loud takedown."

Cat Woman's DLC was my favorite though. Not the mission itself where Riddler keeps babbling, but on the AR challenge of the same map where one of the requirements is you having to complete it without being seen. Took me forever to find the right sequence of persons to take down across the map.
Power laces... alright.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm

It really was. I had to ignore Two Face for just a little bit so I could have some fun with Hood's distinctive fighting style. He fights just like I'd expect him to.

Cat Woman's DLC was my favorite though. Not the mission itself where Riddler keeps babbling, but on the AR challenge of the same map where one of the requirements is you having to complete it without being seen. Took me forever to find the right sequence of persons to take down across the map.
Batgirl's DLC was probably my favorite, as it was the meatiest of the bunch. That and it managed to give a tragic backstory to fucking Planet-Master, of all villains!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:03 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Batgirl's DLC was probably my favorite, as it was the meatiest of the bunch. That and it managed to give a tragic backstory to fucking Planet-Master, of all villains!
I was gonna say that because I remember it being the longest one, but I wasn't sure if I just sucked at the time of playing it 'cause it was the first one I did of the bunch.

That being the amusement park Joker takes her dad after shooting her, it's a pretty iconic mission to showcase as a prequel to it.
Power laces... alright.