What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I've been playing through a childhood favorite series, Commander Keen. Great games, particularly 4.
The owls are not what they seem.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 am I've been playing through a childhood favorite series, Commander Keen. Great games, particularly 4.
Including the unofficial third trilogy, The Universe is Toast? If not, then I highly recommend those three parts. They are based off the ideas for the third Trilogy, which was alluded to at the end of Keen 6.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:03 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm
ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 am Arkham Knight update:

Doing challenge missions. Remembered I can do all the combat/stealth missions as other characters in Batman.

Having fun doing challenges as Red Hood who has dual pistols as an item. I love doing combat challenges with him.
Played Arkham Knight and the DLC stuff myself earlier this year. Too bad Red Hood's DLC was so short, because man it felt good to play as him.
It really was. I had to ignore Two Face for just a little bit so I could have some fun with Hood's distinctive fighting style. He fights just like I'd expect him to.

Lol how Harley Quinn's sneak takedown is specifically labeled "loud takedown."

Cat Woman's DLC was my favorite though. Not the mission itself where Riddler keeps babbling, but on the AR challenge of the same map where one of the requirements is you having to complete it without being seen. Took me forever to find the right sequence of persons to take down across the map.
Batgirl's DLC was probably my favorite, as it was the meatiest of the bunch. That and it managed to give a tragic backstory to fucking Planet-Master, of all villains!
Well I just played it again. And yes, it's very hardy. 3 predator encounters, 3 combat encounters + 1 with a boss battle, and dungeon puzzles to navigate through.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Okay, I got a GoG.com account, and I have a Steam account too. Problem is, I searched through both sites. They don't seem to have Halo... I'd love to play Halo 2 (been dreaming of that for years, but technical problems, as you can see) as well as Halo 3 and the other Halo games, as well as KOTOR, but... eh. At least they have KOTOR 1. My question is, how will I be able to play? I have the KOTOR CD games, and they didn't work on my computer. KOTOR 2 works, up to a certain point. But never opens the game itself. What do I do?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 am
ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 am I've been playing through a childhood favorite series, Commander Keen. Great games, particularly 4.
Including the unofficial third trilogy, The Universe is Toast? If not, then I highly recommend those three parts. They are based off the ideas for the third Trilogy, which was alluded to at the end of Keen 6.
Yep, that's my plan.

I didn't realize that Bio Menace was free on GOG until I saw you mention it upthread, so I'll probably keep up with the classic Apogee games for a while after I finish Keen.
The owls are not what they seem.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Good choice (o.-)b
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'll repeat my question. How does KOTOR and KOTOR 2 work from GoG.com or Steam? Or would my technical issues just reappear?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:05 pm I'll repeat my question. How does KOTOR and KOTOR 2 work from GoG.com or Steam? Or would my technical issues just reappear?
If you add the droid planet patch you might not find a decent walktrough and remain stuck there.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:24 am Okay, I got a GoG.com account, and I have a Steam account too. Problem is, I searched through both sites. They don't seem to have Halo... I'd love to play Halo 2 (been dreaming of that for years, but technical problems, as you can see) as well as Halo 3 and the other Halo games, as well as KOTOR, but... eh. At least they have KOTOR 1. My question is, how will I be able to play? I have the KOTOR CD games, and they didn't work on my computer. KOTOR 2 works, up to a certain point. But never opens the game itself. What do I do?
[url=https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/]The Master Chief Collection[/url] hasn't been released yet.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Any way I could skip Combat Evolved? I suspect it would have the new graphics, and I prefer the CD I have, which still works.