What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by Madner Kami »

Void Bastards indeed. Scratches the repeat play itch nicely.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

The Surge 2. I must admit, I've begun to enjoy the ability to deploy a drone with a gun anytime one of the gun wielding enemies tries to put some distance between them and me, then cut them down as they try to aim.

Me: "You can either die on your feet and in the fight like a warrior or I'll cut you down like a fleeing dog!"
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Another 'Watch-Not-Played', but there's this one 'artsy' game I've grown interested in called 'Sayonara Wild Hearts'. A 'Pop Album Video Game' as the developer's tout, and... It looks AND sounds really good. But it may be a bit too... 'Neon Hipster Junk' for a lot of you.

youtu.be/F-RyxYcxSQ4
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Finally had the time to power through Void Bastards. Fuck me sideways, the game ends on a dark note. Not as if I expected a happy ending or even just the 10 merit points reward, but the real "reward" for your string of unintended client-terminations, really leaves me in a depressed mood, not exactly helped by real-life happenings. Fuck, I'm really depressed now.

Next on my list: "State of Mind".
When mind and machine become one – what will remain of humanity?

Berlin, 2048 – The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.

Richard Nolan is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
Oh boy, am I looking forward to the upcoming week... It can only get better, can it? Fuuuuuuck...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Another interesting one: Felix the Reaper: 'a romantic comedy about the life of Death'. It's a tile-based puzzle game centering on light manipulation. Also, I've found a character I could actually cosplay as.

youtu.be/L6CLzqvB_eE
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

So I picked up Greedfall this weekend and I've been very pleasantly surprised. It's not quite peak-Bioware, but it's getting close, and I've been enjoying it immensely.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I played Doom and Mage's Initiation (point-and-click adventure).

Probably will be playing through a strategy game the next chance I get, might either revisit a 4x like XCom or try out Surviving Mars.
The owls are not what they seem.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I hope this doesn't count as necromancy.

So I have finally been able to play some Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I am enjoying it. Granted that parts were you walk around Monastery talking to people and do things with them can time to time feel boring when you feel like you want to have another battle but then again those are also important part of game.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Ark: Survival Evolved. It's an interesting variation on the survival game, and probably the closest thing we'll have to a "Fred Flinstone Simulator" we'll get for a while. It pushes my rig a bit (I didn't build it with games in mind) but it looks nice.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

I been playing Divinity 2 with exp-transfer mod and Big-Bags b*tches mod for sunday night stream on pic.tv. As much as obsidian entertainment will become bethesda's unexpected successor, they are some bugs that need patching, like the world-eats-your-loot bug!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.