What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
King Green
Officer

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by King Green »

Thinking of doing a D&D Warcraft in half-a week with a few college friends. Should I go Orc Warlock or Night Elf Hunter?
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Starting Starcraft (1998) again. I could never get past the last Protoss mission.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

'Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp': A darkly-humorous, co-op, dating sim about finding love during the final stretch of summer. You want to court the Arsonist Demon, the MinMaxing Huntress and her Spectral Companion/Millstone, the World-Saving Witch, the Selfie-Posting Reaper, the Warmongering Demoness, or the Curious Automaton? https://www.gog.com/game/monster_prom_2_monster_camp

'Screencheat': A throwback to classic, Goldeneye, split-screen, arena shooters with one twist: everyone is invisible, save for their weapon's fire. You have to look at the other players' HUDS and match them to the colorful maps to find your targets (or get lucky and see them attacking). Hence, 'Screencheat'. Also has full online support on GOG, which is rather uncommon. https://www.gog.com/game/screencheat

'Sam & Max: Save the World: Remastered': Update to the now-classic first season of the series that put Telltale Games on the map... Before The Walking Dead fired that bloody signal flare and everything got all dark and cinematic. New lighting, new models, new music. And Seasons Two & Three are already confirmed for remasters, too! https://www.gog.com/game/sam_max_save_t ... remastered
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Cyberpunk 2077.

On PS4 Slim.

Oh boy.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:26 am Cyberpunk 2077.

On PS4 Slim.

Oh boy.
Well what's the temporal verdicT?
Power laces... alright.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:07 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:26 am Cyberpunk 2077.

On PS4 Slim.

Oh boy.
Well what's the temporal verdicT?
https://www.grimdarkmagazine.com/review-cyberpunk-2077/

It's a fantastic game except for the fact its damn near unplayable on older hardware. Constant glitches, more than a few crashes, clipping, dropped cars on other cards, pop in textures, and so on forever. The first massive patch helped a great deal but I would recommend either getting it on PC or next gen or if you do stick with older hardware, waiting until the end of the month at least for the next round of fixes. I suspect it'll not be until next year they downgrade the performance enough to run smoothly.
Laeril
Redshirt

Post by Laeril »

Been playing LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) a lot. Mainly working the current festival.

Also, we now live in a reality where Mario and Sephiroth are in the same video game.

youtu.be/bJo25Dtglbo
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." - Douglas Adams
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Just picked up Cyberpunk 2077 for PC.
I can't imagine how this could run on a PS4. My machine sits firmly in the ultra category for specs on the game. I got the Nvidea updates for running the game. Made my character and crashed to desktop in the tutorial prologue. Took as long to suddenly get a patch as the Steam download. (And I had tried to find patches before I played.) When it runs, it is an awesome game. Though it feels amazingly like San Andreas with a cyberpunk skin. But then I rather liked San Andreas.
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Over 61 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. I know the game has some bugs and I know the Console release had a LOT of bugs but this has been the most fun I've had all year with a game (With Spiderman Miles Morales coming in a close second). I haven't even tried to optimize my V, just kind of upgrading him and roleplaying him in reaction to things around him. Like in the beginning he was just looking to make it large in Night City after leaving his Nomad Clan. Now, due to events in the game, he's trying to do right by his remaining friends, and hoping that he can one day leave Night City and take up with a new Nomad Clan, and my girl Panam. My V has helped stop a Serial killer, has saved the lives of people going through what the media calls Cyberpsychosis, had a philosophical discussion with a born-again Christian man on death row and more. However, my V has also accidentally screwed over a bunch of working girls and guys because his understandable anger at their bosses had him kill people he probably should have negotiated with even if to do so felt like swallowing thumbtacks.

At present, my current mission is to get a band together for one last gig and I am eager to see how that plays out. After which I'll probably do some more Merc work before triggering the end game. Going to need to be at my best for THIS run.

Oh, fun thing I noticed, you're offered drinks a number of times, and there are a noticeable number of occasions where you can avoid Alcohol and ask for water or lemonade. I know, it's Cyberpunk I should be taking a swig from a bottle of Whiskey or Vodka.... but that little personal quirk, the ability to ask for a non-alcoholic drink in some situations was actually really appreciated by me.

Personally, I am really looking forward to another run through after I complete Nomad V's storyline. This time I'll be going with the Corpo Origin and use that to justify a V that is searching for Redemption after all they did at the orders of their corporate masters. So this V will avoid killing unless the person in Question really has it coming, and will go for nonlethal shots when forced into firefights.

Honestly, in short, love this game, can't wait to see if they put out any expansions!
Reality
Officer

Post by Reality »

Cyberpunk2077. It runs pretty well on my PC, only had one crash and a few odd bugs here and there, but so far, so good.
Media has a Left-Wing bias
Reality has a Right-Wing one