I'm back again - some $%^&* renamed this when I had the other brief hiatus

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Hello - No joke, hyperbole, or anything else

Post by Deledrius »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 pm Oh! In the time since I was gone, I saw Joker. The 2019 movie.
Hmm. Are you sure that was wise?
TGLS wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:27 pm Yuka has requested another ban for six months.
Ah, well. Godspeed.
Beastro
Captain

Re: Goodbye Again - No joke, hyperbole, or anything else

Post by Beastro »

TGLS wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:27 pm Yuka has requested another ban for six months.
Please don't give it to him.

That sort of request is unhealthy, imo.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Beastro wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:13 am
Please don't give it to him.

That sort of request is unhealthy, imo.
Yes it is unhealthy to make requests like that. But self-awareness is the start of every cure. You cannot fix yourself if you do not admit that you have a problem, that's why AA meetings start with ''My name is Bob and I am an alcoholic.''
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

clearspira wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:34 pm that's why AA meetings start with ''My name is Bob and I am an alcoholic.''
It's admittedly strange for the attendees not named Robert.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well, what is the reason this time? We have certain rights in order to be informed on this.
Power laces... alright.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 pm Well, what is the reason this time?
That's between Yuka and the admin team.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Out of curiousity is Yuka still on the site?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

TGLS wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 pm Well, what is the reason this time?
That's between Yuka and the admin team.
He sure is a slippery one.
Power laces... alright.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, hello, I'm back. And I wanna try to stay back for good this time.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

So an update on my weight loss situation, which started all the way back in 2018. I was 542 lbs then. The lowest I ever got, late 2019, before the scale broke and COVID hit, was 432, yeah. We just bought a scale, a superior scale that's far better than the last one. It says I'm 475. I was 503 back in May when I got weighed again at the weight management center. So that's encouraging, but it's still hard. I have a hard time letting go of even the tiniest things in every walk of my walk, so this is just an outer extension of that. I at least have easier reach and mobility, but a long road to head to be back to where I was, late 2019.

But I gotta admit, I was slowly beginning to fall off the wagon in 2019 anyway. Eating past what I should as I got depressed, feeling like I'd have to give up some of my favorite foods forever. It kinda feels like an alcoholic might. You know. "Hi, I'm Dave, and I have a problem." I hate my food addictions, and I just wish I could manage them better. But at least I'm STARTING to try to get my life in order, before I hit 40 in the next several years. I have several social workers coming in now to try to get me some kinda work. I hope I can. ARMHS, a case manager, employment coach, we're gonna get me Day Treatment, among other stuff.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords