I'm back again - some $%^&* renamed this when I had the other brief hiatus

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Goodbye Again - No joke, hyperbole, or anything else

Post by Yukaphile »

Also, I really liked Joker. Tbh, for me, I was surprised since I think modern movies are shit. Then I heard the studio stayed out of the way, then it stopped being shocking. It felt like a great homage to Heath Ledger's Joker. And it's scary commentary on how people who need help go bad... totally relevant and timeless in today's world.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

A confession. Lately, I've come to almost have a big death idealization. Like, if it's our final state, if it's how it feels, then... what's the rush? Life is so hard, so painful, so difficult to deal with right now, and there's just so much more that's hard to deal with in my life that's good... I really feel as if I'm looking forward to it. Like I wish I could just never wake up from my sleep. I'd never 86, of course. I can't. But maybe death isn't so bad as perhaps once thought it could be. After all, it releases us from all this petty hate and division and evil in the modern world.

Btw, I'm finally down to 464 lbs.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:35 am A confession. Lately, I've come to almost have a big death idealization. Like, if it's our final state, if it's how it feels, then... what's the rush? Life is so hard, so painful, so difficult to deal with right now, and there's just so much more that's hard to deal with in my life that's good... I really feel as if I'm looking forward to it. Like I wish I could just never wake up from my sleep. I'd never 86, of course. I can't. But maybe death isn't so bad as perhaps once thought it could be. After all, it releases us from all this petty hate and division and evil in the modern world.

Btw, I'm finally down to 464 lbs.
The modern world doesn't have a monopoly on suffering.

Chin up, dude. You pointed out at the end there why you can feel hopeful. Your hard work is paying off.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: I'm back again - some $%^&* renamed this when I had the other brief hiatus

Post by Yukaphile »

Whatever you say.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: I'm back again - some $%^&* renamed this when I had the other brief hiatus

Post by Yukaphile »

You know, best way to go has to be in your sleep. Just peace, and stillness. Maybe when I hit the sack, that'll come for me.