What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
McAvoy
Captain

Re: What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

Post by McAvoy »

So a full two months and some change since my mother's death. I still have moments where I find something that she might be interested in or find funny and instantly think of her. It's still weird to me too because at times I don't thin of her as gone either. But at the same time I do have moments of getting depressed because of that. Like I have videos of her interacting with her grandchild when from almost ten years ago and I refuse to listen to it because of her voice.

But that pales in comparison to my Dad. Still living in the same house they bought back in 1986 when I was only two years old. While the house has undergone major renovations in the past four years, it is still the same house for him.

He has four cats all because my Mom loved cats. Two of them are gems. One is on her own program and the other is useless. There is a strong thought to getting my Dad a dog. Something for him to come home to now. Unconditional love and all that. He grew up in a diary farm and grew up loving animals. But also always loved dogs. My vote is a Great Pyrenees.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Captain

Re: What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

Post by Nobody700 »

It is understandable, she was an important part of both of your lives. Impossible to forget a woman you did so much for all of you. Hope nothing but well for ya.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.