My weight loss

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

My weight loss

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, since we recently discussed this in another thread, I figured I'd bring it up here. Since August, I've been straining to lose weight, and have succeeded greatly. I was at 542 lbs. I'm now at 455 lbs. In August, walking for five-minute bursts two or three times had me wheezing and gasping. Now my routine is simple. I do thirty-minute bursts a few times a day, and that burns a lot of calories. Though, occasionally, four times, I've walked for an hour. And I don't get out of breath. The problem isn't really the exertion. It's that I get so bored walking up and down our hallway in the apartment that doing an hour is really rare for me. When I do my thirty-minute bursts, I usually listen to music extended for 30 minutes, like from my favorite games.

I really wanna lose a lot of weight this year. I've been going to the weight-loss center and taking pills to help me. I finally register on the scale, though the only one I put stock in is the industrial scale at the center, which is much more refined than ours at home, and tells a more accurate story, imo. Nevertheless, I won't be going to see them till the 18th. I qualify for free stomach-reduction surgery if I wanted to, since I lost the required 80 pounds, but I'd prefer not to. Do it myself. :D
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: My weight loss

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That's pretty heavy.
..What mirror universe?
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

That's a big difference. Nice work, keep it up! :)
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

Congratulations! Keep it going - the best motivation for losing weight is seeing how much you've already lost.

As supplement to walking, have you tried doing squats? They take less time (and can be spread throughout the day), burn tons of calories, and it's really good for developing your core muscles.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

What are those?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Where you crouch down and stand back up. Might be kinda hard at your weight.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Maybe in a few more months, Mr. 50 Most Beautiful People. :P
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:58 pm Maybe in a few more months, Mr. 50 Most Beautiful People. :P
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Y'know, takes a lot of hard work and courage to not only do what you have done, but to bare yourself on the internet to idiots that only want to ridicule you. Kudos. My weight loss advice would be to eat in front of a mirror whenever you get the urge to eat junk food. I'm serious and it works. It makes you remember why it is that you are going through all of this effort.
So, BridgeConsoleMasher. Feel like telling us how heavy you are so we can all mock?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Just wish it was spring out so I could walk to the store. It's probably three, four blocks away. Good for walking when we need to buy something. But the cold isn't an issue. It's the snow piles everywhere.