I'm back again - some $%^&* renamed this when I had the other brief hiatus

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

I'm back again - some $%^&* renamed this when I had the other brief hiatus

Post by Yukaphile »

Yes. I'd asked Steve to nuke my account. Or at the very least suspend it for a year. Though I think if it's not within a reasonable time frame, I'll just nuke this account myself. Question is... does that mean all my old replies vanish, or not? If they do vanish, then that just makes nuking it myself even more appealing. Can someone answer?

This is no ploy, joke, or hyperbole. I need serious time away, and I don't wanna come back, don't feel as if I want to, not without a good, long period of reflection. And I don't want the avenue open to be tempted either. So... hark and rejoice. For I shall soon be out of your hair for a good, long time.

EDIT: Wait, is it even possible to deactivate/delete the account myself? I can't find the option like on other sites...
Last edited by Yukaphile on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Beastro
Captain

Re: Goodbye - no joke, hyperbole, or anything else

Post by Beastro »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:21 amAnd I don't want the avenue open to be tempted either.
Nothing is stopping you from making another account and the very reason why you want to nuke your account won't prevent that from happening for the exact same reason.
So... hark and rejoice. For I shall soon be out of your hair for a good, long time.
Whatever you do, man, take care of yourself.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Wait, had he joked about it in the past? Or was he just using hyperbole there?
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:03 pm Wait, had he joked about it in the past? Or was he just using hyperbole there?
Yes.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:16 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:03 pm Wait, had he joked about it in the past? Or was he just using hyperbole there?
Yes.
This is probably the first case I've seen where the mathematician's answer is entirely warranted.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well whatever I don't remember him ever indicating that any of this was a joke, and that means by his own decree lol.
Power laces... alright.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

It'll be a bit embarrassing if he comes back this time it has to be said. If he wants to that is of course fine, I am just saying it'll be embarrassing.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Well we shall see if he is serious or not. Only time will tell that. I can't help but to think that maybe me being so blunt to him had something to do with this considering that he does have some mental health issues that he tends to ignore s well as ignore other people trying to tell him to seek help that he actually needs.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Hmmm, I see your predicament; that's like going into the future, meeting your loser of self, murdering him/her, coming back, AND committing the very actions that made you a loser!

Do it, I got banned from X-box and Facebook for calling out Halo's cheap ass design in Halo 5 and remade a new account with 2 other email addresses. And now Zuckerberg cannot ban me if I'm on AOL's platform of Facebook😋😆😋
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

King Green wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:17 am Hmmm, I see your predicament; that's like going into the future, meeting your loser of self, murdering him/her, coming back, AND committing the very actions that made you a loser!

Do it, I got banned from X-box and Facebook for calling out Halo's cheap ass design in Halo 5 and remade a new account with 2 other email addresses. And now Zuckerberg cannot ban me if I'm on AOL's platform of Facebook😋😆😋
You must have done more than just call out the design of the game to get banned.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.