Here We Go Again (Updated with Restoration Progress)

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Re: Here We Go Again (Updated with Restoration Progress)

Post by SFDebris »

I apologize if I sound stressed in the work, I didn't want to let any of these events derail my plans. I feel bad enough that the early access has been repeatedly delayed.

My goal for 2018 is to go for slightly fewer, but more involved, projects. This will be generally the layout I had previously discussed of four weeks, and then take the fifth as a breather. To handle more films, packaged-items, and games throughout the year. I want to knock out at least fifteen movies, a couple anime series, and three games (besides DA2).

Regarding the six hosts: Youtube, Blip, Screenwave, JWPlayer, Vidme, Vimeo. After Blip they seem to be getting shorter, which is worrying. If the trend continues, Vimeo will be shut down before I finish with the move.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Serect74
Redshirt

Post by Serect74 »

Ooh, web site hosts! I thought you meant 6 people hosts for some reason, lol. Yeah, man, loving all that. Good luck, have fun! :D
fyve
Redshirt

Post by fyve »

Just host all the videos on a Plex server and charge for access to it. No need to host with any tube site. Entirely private. I could watch sfdebris on my tv again! yay!
Khrome
Redshirt

Post by Khrome »

If i'm right, taking into account the list on the first page, this is still left to do:

Star Trek Biographies/specials (Not sure how many since they're nested within normal reviews)
Doctor Who (76 left of 78)
Films (31 left of 38)
Video Games (11 left of 12)
Red Dwarf (11 left)
Stargate (57 left of 59)
TV (23 left)

This is just the number of entries i counted, some have more videos than others (like the games mostly). I'm wondering, @SFDebris, are you past halfway, size/upload limit wise, at this point?
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

If chuck thinks like I do, he will upload smaller videos first, so the number of things left to do will drop fast, but the ones remaining will be larger and require more time to upload.
Khrome
Redshirt

Post by Khrome »

TheNewTeddy wrote:If chuck thinks like I do, he will upload smaller videos first, so the number of things left to do will drop fast, but the ones remaining will be larger and require more time to upload.
I'm expecting that too... I'm -dying- to watch the kotor and swtor videos again but i'm thinking those will come plum last ;p

Still, it looks like we're past halfway simply by the volume of videos already uploaded and those left, so i'm holding on to hope that i can see them again some time this year :>
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Another upload; most everything is back up now.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

SFDebris wrote:Another upload; most everything is back up now.
will everything left fit into the final update, or will there be a few stragglers left for another week?
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

TheNewTeddy wrote:
SFDebris wrote:Another upload; most everything is back up now.
will everything left fit into the final update, or will there be a few stragglers left for another week?
It's a matter of investing time now. I have a lot of things that have to be finished this week already, and minimal to spend on these.

― Herbert Bayard Swope
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Look on the bright side, next time you change hosts you'll have even more material to upload, but today? today you're nearly done.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.