Shin Godzilla review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Shin Godzilla review

Post by Thebestoftherest »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/films/shingodzilla.php

Why is only one of them a youtube video?
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Shin Godzilla review

Post by CrypticMirror »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:52 pm https://sfdebris.com/videos/films/shingodzilla.php

Probably 'cause Toho is super DMCA-happy on youtube. Other Godzilla review channels sometimes have a lot of problems with getting their videos removed at random. It might be the only way Chuck could have got it through their bots.

-
I do hope that all Self Defence and militaries do have plans for wildlife attacks though. A bear did almost start WWIII at one point, and not in a metaphor for Russia sort of way, a wandering bear got hung up on a fence at an American airbase and the world almost burned for it. Plan for your wildlife better, America.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:01 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:52 pm https://sfdebris.com/videos/films/shingodzilla.php

Probably 'cause Toho is super DMCA-happy on youtube. Other Godzilla review channels sometimes have a lot of problems with getting their videos removed at random. It might be the only way Chuck could have got it through their bots.

-
I do hope that all Self Defence and militaries do have plans for wildlife attacks though. A bear did almost start WWIII at one point, and not in a metaphor for Russia sort of way, a wandering bear got hung up on a fence at an American airbase and the world almost burned for it. Plan for your wildlife better, America.
How Hollywood portrays the US and what is actually true is night and day. Because lets be honest here: ''dumbass army starts WW3 because bear'' is not a plot that you would see on any flag wanking film any time soon.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

I see a Sfdebris review with 5 videos....I know I'm in for a treat.

Time to grab some lunch, sit back and enjoy.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Why only two of them on youtube?
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:22 am Why only two of them on youtube?
Youtube kept kicking them off for some reason. I think I know why now, but at the time, it seemed that they had a less tolerant approach to Godzilla for some reason. When I found I could put them on DM safely I created a channel specifically for Godzilla movies. The one thing that wouldn't work is the opening titles. Because Part 2 could be edited in such a way that there were practically no video elements to it, I moved the title over there, put it on Youtube, and it has finally managed to stay up.
Knowing what I know now, I'd probably have tried a couple different strategies, but between being sick and other projects being neglected trying to fix Shin Godzilla over and over, I decided for the less elegant but "it works" strategy you see.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Honestly I was more concerned about why the daily motion channel is called the "Big G Spot". I mean it fits with the related videos that try to load, but it made me wonder
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
satorukun0530
Redshirt

Post by satorukun0530 »

I hope Chuck doesn't make a habit of publishing multi-part videos on this non-YouTube player (sorry, don't know what it is) without including an outro for each part -- when I watch Part 1 of this review, it jumps suddenly from Chuck talking about the film to people yelling at each other in what I believe to be Thai.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm used to just "putting up with" this kinda thing because it's not a severe problem, but because I posted about something else in this review I figured I'd speak up about the issue in the forums while I was here. But then I realized that if there was a simple fix I might get a bunch of people saying "why don't you turn off auto-play" or thinking I knew about auto-play but was trolling, so I went and checked if there was some way to change the settings. I guess the problem is solved now because of this weird turn of events.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

You know it's funny, I frequent the review blog The Unshaved Mouse and he just covered Shin Godzilla too. I have to say viewing Godzilla through a bureaucratic lens may not have been the best idea, as well as the frantic editing style.
Watching this I'm reminded of those immortal words as spoken by a certain Mike Nelson.

"I'm the government, I'm the government. I'm the reason nothing works!"
Linkara
Officer

Post by Linkara »

Just a note - it's actually likely that the masks people were wearing was NOT about the debris and whatnot in the air, but rather a cultural thing. With space at more of a premium in Japan and people interacting with each other more in large groups, facemasks are pretty common for people, especially if they've got a cold or something - just seen as a public service to wear them to not infect more people. It's why in some ways they actually did a decent job of keeping the pandemic down for a while - most people were more than willing to wear masks because it was already expected to do that.