Star treks vs gods

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Star treks vs gods

Post by Thebestoftherest »

drewder wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:24 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:56 am I would love to put Discovery crew in a situation with a deity, but I'd want it to be nuanced like a figurehead for a network of habited solar systems or something. By that scale you can have a lot of political and even interplanetary nationalism stuff going on.
Heck, what if we had it be like a Klingon god or a god from another species I mean it should make no different to a star fleet crew.
Well if they encounter a klingon god they'd be safe to assume it was an imposter. Everyone knows the klingons killed their gods long ago.
Heck, what if we had it be like a Klingon god or a god from another species I mean it should make no different to a star fleet crew.
Yes, because it not like it a normal thing for starfleet ships encounter beings who were thoughts dead and really weren't.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Beastro wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:37 am It's for that reason why I love the first Alien movie. It is a modern retelling of the ancient story of the dangers of the unknown, how chaos lurks in it, and what happens in your world when chaos embodies itself and comes looking for you. It's no coincidence that the Xenomorph is a very exotic looking dragon, nor that the preceding life stages of it are two of Mankind's biggest phobias, spiders then snakes.
The fear of snakes and spiders is much more culturally specific than universal to mankind
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Also honey badgers are pretty scary but you don't see their iconography much.
Power laces... alright.
Enterprising
Officer

Post by Enterprising »

Partly got your wish, John de Lancie has signed up for Picard season 2. (Hopefully gives Picard the means to destroy the JJ verse!)
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I doubt they do that.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Enterprising wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 am Partly got your wish, John de Lancie has signed up for Picard season 2. (Hopefully gives Picard the means to destroy the JJ verse!)
I wonder who will die horribly this time!
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Enterprising wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 am Partly got your wish, John de Lancie has signed up for Picard season 2. (Hopefully gives Picard the means to destroy the JJ verse!)
But here's the really important question: will there be a midget with a cowbell?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu