TOS-The Squire of Gothos

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
jadenova
Officer

TOS-The Squire of Gothos

Post by jadenova »

Chuck, you're wrong. All roads don't lead to Rome. All roads lead away from Rome. You're just walking in the wrong direction.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: TOS-The Squire of Gothos

Post by CrypticMirror »

jadenova wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:55 am Chuck, you're wrong. All roads don't lead to Rome. All roads lead away from Rome. You're just walking in the wrong direction.
That is Ankh Morpork. Rome, like all Imperial and Colonialist powers, had all roads lead to it to enable its citizens to better asset strip the world. Same as how here in the UK, we had railroads built that led from Indian and African hinterlands to the coast to better remove all the gold, gems, ore, sometimes people, tea, lumber, rubber, jute, spices... wow, we took a lot of stuff.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Trelane doesn't seem to be on the same level as the Q. Certainly he's closer to Q than kirk but I feel like if he were in stargate he'd be halfway along the acendometer rather than a fully ascended being.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

The original thread for reference: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4494
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

drewder wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:30 am Trelane doesn't seem to be on the same level as the Q. Certainly he's closer to Q than kirk but I feel like if he were in stargate he'd be halfway along the acendometer rather than a fully ascended being.
We're not helped by it being such a short showing for his species... but yes. Q can take you back to the Big Bang or make you smaller than an atom. I cannot see Trelane doing anything of the sort.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

drewder wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:30 am Trelane doesn't seem to be on the same level as the Q. Certainly he's closer to Q than kirk but I feel like if he were in stargate he'd be halfway along the acendometer rather than a fully ascended being.
He might be around the level of Kevin Uxbridge from the episode The Survivors, or the Organians, or even those weird guys from Catspaw. There is a lot of mid level powerful entities in Trek, including actual Greek Gods. The link to him being Q, other than both William Campbell and John DeLancie putting a bit of extroverted campiness into their acting, has always seemed fairly tenuous to me.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Moving a whole planet around, fast enough to outspeed a ship going at warp, is probably the biggest display of power we see from any being in TOS. And since Trelane is just a child, playing with child's toys, it's natural to wonder what terrifying heights his parents reach.
bguy
Redshirt

Post by bguy »

On a purely shallow note, Venita Wolf (Yeoman Ross) may just be the most beautiful woman to ever appear in a Star Trek series.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

bguy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:38 pm On a purely shallow note, Venita Wolf (Yeoman Ross) may just be the most beautiful woman to ever appear in a Star Trek series.
According to Memory Alpha literally the only thing she did after this episode was to pose for Playboy so it looks like everyone else agrees with you lol
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:53 pm
bguy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:38 pm On a purely shallow note, Venita Wolf (Yeoman Ross) may just be the most beautiful woman to ever appear in a Star Trek series.
According to Memory Alpha literally the only thing she did after this episode was to pose for Playboy so it looks like everyone else agrees with you lol
Provably false.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox