Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Zatman
Officer

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Zatman »

I was re-watching the review of TNG's "Timescape" and Chuck brings up the issue of the computer keyboard making sounds while Picard was poking it after being told by Data that it wouldn't work. There is one possibility, since time wasn't frozen, just greatly slowed down, it's possible the computer was still able to respond to limited input. Think about it, the warp core breach was expanding according to Data's eyes, however, it's reasonable that it's expanding at less than the speed of light. Electrical signals propagate at the speed of light (usually) and the Enterprise's computers have been said to have FTL components. I can't remember if the consoles have those components or just the cores, and I'm not enough of a nerd to keep my TNG Technical Manual in arms reach at all times. Regardless, if the beeps are emitted from the consoles themselves, I can see that still working, but with the much duller beeps we get in the episode.