Babylon 5: Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fianna
Captain

Babylon 5: Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?

Post by Fianna »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/babylon5/b5s4e02.php

Love how Chuck just commits to treating this all like one big RPG.
Frustration
Captain

Re: Babylon 5: Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?

Post by Frustration »

Well, the show WAS very RPG-like. Or like a comic book - the more perspective I gain on the show, the easier I find it to perceive the parallels between traditional comic storytelling and the program. Perhaps "serial storytelling" is the general metaphor.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Frustration wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:02 pm Well, the show WAS very RPG-like.
Especially in Season Three and Four, when they added a ranger to their party.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

*groans*
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

I love G'Kar's line asking if the Centauri court has seen Garibaldi. Such a badass line. The look on Londo's face when he sees the opportunity he's been presented. The one guy he can absolutely trust to kill the Centauri Emperor is his greatest rival and a guy who's been resisting killing him for years.

The conversation is epic. Londo pointing that both are patriots. Yes, they've both craved personal power, but when push comes to shove, their worlds come first. I just love these to characters and actors together (along with the writing). They can do comedy, drama, action, etc. and it all seems perfectly in character.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

cdrood wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:23 pm I love G'Kar's line asking if the Centauri court has seen Garibaldi. Such a badass line. The look on Londo's face when he sees the opportunity he's been presented. The one guy he can absolutely trust to kill the Centauri Emperor is his greatest rival and a guy who's been resisting killing him for years.

The conversation is epic. Londo pointing that both are patriots. Yes, they've both craved personal power, but when push comes to shove, their worlds come first. I just love these to characters and actors together (along with the writing). They can do comedy, drama, action, etc. and it all seems perfectly in character.
Just a small part of why G'Kar and Londo interactions and lines are so great.

I have always joked that I would watch a sitcom of Londo and G'Kar as neighbors.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

cdrood wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:23 pm I love G'Kar's line asking if the Centauri court has seen Garibaldi.
Same
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville