Trigun

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MyUserName
Officer

Re: Trigun

Post by MyUserName »

The Manga was originally canceled around
Wargriffin wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:07 am The difference between the Anime and the Manga can be summed up in an old internet review

The anime is a tale of two paths/ideals

the manga is a tale of two souls, especially due to a certain someone being a much more active/pivotal player in the manga
Not quite that simple, the manga was originally canceled by the publisher after the events of episode 16.

According to Nightow, some high ranking people at Madhouse were big fans and called him up to work out an anime treatment.

Soon after the anime hit, there was enough interest in Trigun again for Nightow to resume the manga at a different publisher, called it Trigun Maximum and went in a very different direction.

Many of the Gung Ho guns get way more backstory thanks to this. Vash's background is delved into in far more depth, and the rivalry between him and knives goes on much longer and in much more epic detail.

Regarding the anime, its a shame Chuck won't get to Legato and Wolfwood until episode 9 onwards.
cloudkitt
Officer

Post by cloudkitt »

Very excited, I always hoped he'd get this series to review. I've said before I'm definitely down with him reviewing anime, but did kinda wish for more in the sci-fi realm, for obvious reasons.

As others have said, it's a shame this batch didn't include the fight episode which is sort of the payoff these first four, but I'm glad to hear he's interested and I look forward to his impressions going forward.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Does anyone know (approximately) how long it'll be until the next batch?
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Based on previous anime outings? The soonest I would expect them is towards the end of the month, with batches on a monthly schedule, but it could also be on a quarterly schedule on which case probably sometime in February. The batch model seems to be better for work flow so far though so my hunch is monthly (supposing the entire series was on the queue anyways)
graymorality
Redshirt

Post by graymorality »

Yeah the entire series is on the queue. I've been looking forward to these reviews for a long time
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

graymorality wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 am Yeah the entire series is on the queue. I've been looking forward to these reviews for a long time
Good to know. Thanks! :D
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

Well as we've finally covered a new episode it's time to resurrect this thread.

This is the episode that really starts to show how impossibly skilled Vash is. Sure, his ability to dodge around and mess with the baddies ability to fight back while putting on a goofy performance was impressive, but this was on an entirely different level. I mean, the man plugged a bullet into each knuckle on a fist spinning like a drill in what was probably less than a second. That's "Waco Kid" levels of ludicrous gunplay. Him spinning the one bullet left in his revolver chamber like he was going to play Russian Roulette before slamming it shut and nailing the giant in the stump was just showing off at that point.
cloudkitt
Officer

Post by cloudkitt »

Glad to see the return! And the payoff of those four episodes where Vash finally uses his gun.

And yeah, that spinning the cylinder just to flick the gun closed and fire the last shot to finish off the giant is such an unspeakably cool moment.

Sci-fi westerns aren't unusual, of course, but Trigun does manage to give it a pretty unique flavor.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

I'm so glad to get more of this show's reviews!
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

My thanks go to Aaron L for requesting Trigun and additional thanks go to Chuck for reviewing it.
:D
I'd forgotten just how good this series was.
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.