Blake's 7: Duel

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fianna
Captain

Blake's 7: Duel

Post by Fianna »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/blakes7/blakes7s1e8.php

Surprised it took till the end sumup to make the "Arena" comparison.

Something about Blake sparing Travis here in part because he would have enjoyed is that, in an earlier episode, he spared Travis (it's implied) because he knew that treating Travis as just another Federation goon, not worth the effort of taking personal revenge on, would be an even more cruel blow to his pride. Is that sentiment still supposed to be in play here?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Blake's 7: Duel

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I mean, there's no reason it can't be both.

Blake is also not inclined to play games for space gods.

I'd also throw in that Blake thinks that he knows this particular unimaginative goon very well.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Spoilers: Blake's decision to spare Travis ultimately leads to his death and the deaths of the Seven as it was Travis who split up Blake from the rest of the Seven at the end of season 2 which eventually led to the infamous shoot em all ending in season 4.
Linkara
Officer

Post by Linkara »

clearspira wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 pm Spoilers: Blake's decision to spare Travis ultimately leads to his death and the deaths of the Seven as it was Travis who split up Blake from the rest of the Seven at the end of season 2 which eventually led to the infamous shoot em all ending in season 4.
To be fair, no one really would have predicted Travis would go THAT far at that point.

Also to be fair, he was a different man at that point. XD