ENT fusion.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

ENT fusion.

Post by Thebestoftherest »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/e117.php
Opinionated Enterprise Episode Guide looks at Fusion. Vulcans exploring their emotions show up, and T'Pol predicts they'll be trouble. As usual, she's right. Though this time she's not smug about it.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: ENT fusion.

Post by clearspira »

Once again, I have to question whether T'Pol actually has the ''three times the strength of a human'' thing that she's meant to have. She gets overpowered so quickly so often its actually kind of a running joke at this point. I'm not saying that she could physically overpower a male Vulcan, but how about ripping off a chair leg with her free hand and smashing his head in? Spock used to be able to effortlessly flatten computer monitors so she must be able to at least break a bit of cheap Starfleet furniture.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

clearspira wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:16 pm Once again, I have to question whether T'Pol actually has the ''three times the strength of a human'' thing that she's meant to have. She gets overpowered so quickly so often its actually kind of a running joke at this point. I'm not saying that she could physically overpower a male Vulcan, but how about ripping off a chair leg with her free hand and smashing his head in? Spock used to be able to effortlessly flatten computer monitors so she must be able to at least break a bit of cheap Starfleet furniture.
Star Trek really has been all over the place when it comes to being consistent with strength. Like Klingons are supposed to be stronger than humans and even Vulcans.

Yet they get their asses beat by Kiras double handed chop to the chest and then face (try hitting something with your hands clamped together. You won't hurt anyone).

I will give the Klingon a pass in getting beat by Sisko. Because Sisko reasons.

I get with Word being beat. Outside Data he was supposed to be the strongest. So you had to show the new threat was serious by beating Worf. They did change this in DS9.
I got nothing to say here.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

The first I saw this episode, I mistook Mr. Bland/Smug/Date Rapist for the Vulcan Captain. The Captain just sort of disappeared. Did Archer not tell him he has a violent crew member? It seems he had to have, but then why is Archer the one dealing with the guy?
BlackoutCreature2
Officer

Post by BlackoutCreature2 »

I actually remember enjoying watching this episode back in the day, but mostly because of how much I enjoyed Trip's interaction with Kav. I completely forgot about the whole "date rape" plot. I genuinely remembered Trip trying to convince Kav to talk to his Dad was the main plot.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

At least they didn't brush the date rape off as no big deal like that Orville episode with the blue guy.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

BlackoutCreature2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:57 pm I actually remember enjoying watching this episode back in the day, but mostly because of how much I enjoyed Trip's interaction with Kav.
That was pretty much my take. I haaaated season 1 of Ent. I was really disappointed as I was just the right age to think 'yes, this is going to be my trek that I can watch from the beginning as it airs' having missed TNG entirely and coming in late on Ds9 and Voyager. I was so hyped, and they had a Brit. This was going to be great...

Trip's interraction with Kav was one of the very occasional glimmers in season 1 of hey maybe there's something of quality here that's not another episode of endless disappointment.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

I'm going to be very interested to see Chuck's reaction to the depictions of the V'tosh ka'tur in Strange New Worlds when he reviews those episodes.