VOY - Prophecy

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

VOY - Prophecy

Post by TGLS »

Sorry Chuck, there's 14 Tuvok/Neelix slashfics.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Re: VOY - Prophecy

Post by clearspira »

This says a lot about Neelix's relationship with Kes if you ask me. He got with the most petite, nicest, vanilla girl in the Delta Quadrant for three years and yet I have never seen this man happier than with a 6ft big-boobed Klingon literally smashing him.

The sexual harassment on show here is classic Star Trek ''its funny when men are raped, isn't it Mr Tucker?'' fare. Although it still amuses me that once again Kim is refusing sex on a plate and yet continues to chase women that he cannot possibly have. For Libby damn it, because there is nothing gay about this.

The Klingon captain's hair is some hilarious shit. The wig keeps on changing between scenes from normal Klingon to 1980s Janet Jackson.

We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

TGLS wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:02 am Sorry Chuck, there's 14 Tuvok/Neelix slashfics.
No one needed to know that.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

You wonder if some of the new Star Trek series that are coming out will ever have Klingons discuss the fact that a) their Messiah has been born, and b) it's three-quarters human and a Federation citizen?
LordFeagans
Redshirt

Post by LordFeagans »

clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:34 am Although it still amuses me that once again Kim is refusing sex on a plate and yet continues to chase women that he cannot possibly have. For Libby damn it, because there is nothing gay about this.
If you completely ignore Non-Sequitor or assume that all of it was a fiction created for Harry Kim, then you can completely assume that Libby was yet another woman that Harry Kim was fixated on that he couldn't have but lied to the Voyager crew about. Like she was the girl next door that he grew up with that had zero interest in him and he assumed that just because they were neighbors that they were supposed to be destined to fall in love all while she couldn't pick him out of a police line up of three people, two of which being Klingons.

When communication between Voyager and the Delta Quadrant becomes possible, there is no video call from Libby or even a mention of Libby. When the first batch of messages come in from the Delta Quadrant, no Libby message, each time it's Harry's parents. Now, it can be assumed that Libby eventually moved on (if they were really together), but we never see Harry mope or even mention Libby's new relationship. Janeway at least mentioned her Dear John letter from Mark. And in the episode "Bliss", there was, again, no news about Libby. Mark was free to marry Janeway, but no mention of Libby.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fianna wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:52 pm You wonder if some of the new Star Trek series that are coming out will ever have Klingons discuss the fact that a) their Messiah has been born, and b) it's three-quarters human and a Federation citizen?
It will doubtlessly join the same plot pit as Kahless's clone did during DS9 from season 4 onward. So much for ''uniting the Empire''.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

m4a2000 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:18 am
TGLS wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:02 am Sorry Chuck, there's 14 Tuvok/Neelix slashfics.
No one did, but when I found out I had to share.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

LordFeagans wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:12 pm
clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:34 am Although it still amuses me that once again Kim is refusing sex on a plate and yet continues to chase women that he cannot possibly have. For Libby damn it, because there is nothing gay about this.
If you completely ignore Non-Sequitor or assume that all of it was a fiction created for Harry Kim, then you can completely assume that Libby was yet another woman that Harry Kim was fixated on that he couldn't have but lied to the Voyager crew about. Like she was the girl next door that he grew up with that had zero interest in him and he assumed that just because they were neighbors that they were supposed to be destined to fall in love all while she couldn't pick him out of a police line up of three people, two of which being Klingons.

When communication between Voyager and the Delta Quadrant becomes possible, there is no video call from Libby or even a mention of Libby. When the first batch of messages come in from the Delta Quadrant, no Libby message, each time it's Harry's parents. Now, it can be assumed that Libby eventually moved on (if they were really together), but we never see Harry mope or even mention Libby's new relationship. Janeway at least mentioned her Dear John letter from Mark. And in the episode "Bliss", there was, again, no news about Libby. Mark was free to marry Janeway, but no mention of Libby.
The funny thing is that if you do include ''Non-Sequitur'', as Chuck noted in his review, Kim has so much more chemistry with Paris in that episode than he does with Libby to the point where it's almost as if he barely knows her.

I have a theory based on two other people from Star Trek:
1) Ruby from ''ENT: Shuttlepod One'' who Reed sent one of his many dying letters to and it turned out that his relationship with her was so insubstantial that she was having sex with every man who went into that club (including Trip).
2) That episode of TNG where an alien sent Riker into a fake future and confused the hologram Minuet with a real person.

I wonder that's what happened here. The aliens of ''Non-Sequitur'' confused Kim's crush/fling with someone of real substance and that's why Kim seems so awkward around her.
LordFeagans
Redshirt

Post by LordFeagans »

clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:31 pm
LordFeagans wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:12 pm
I wonder that's what happened here. The aliens of ''Non-Sequitur'' confused Kim's crush/fling with someone of real substance and that's why Kim seems so awkward around her.
So, new theory, Libby is the 24th-century version of "I have a girlfriend, she lives in Canada, you've never met her." That would explain why he mentions her, never gets any messages from her, no video call from her, next gets broken up by her break up message (and keep in mind the shit he went through when the hologram dumped him for Tuvok, and what he went through with that woman who gave him the alien STD). So, you would think that getting the message from the love of his life that she's moved on would have shattered him. Instead, no mention. Almost like, there was no relationship, or...she ever existed.

So, in "Non-Sequitur", Harry acts of odd around Libby because he woke up next to his made up Canadian girlfriend.

Honestly, I don't know what sounds better:

1) Libby is the girl that Harry never had a relationship with, lied to his crewmates to sound older and more mature around his more experienced veteran crewmates, and now that he is with her, it's like he found out that he hates her taste in music and that she can't cook and now he's realizing, his crush isn't the soulmate he thought she was.

2) Libby never existed and didn't know how to act around her. Add in Chuck's theory that Harry hates himself, good chance that Harry imagined Libby to be a terrible shrew who hates him while cheating on him with his friends and coworkers while insulting him and making him feel like complete and total shit. So now that he is with his fantasy woman, who he loves and knows that she hates him, he is awkward around her knowing that she's a ticking time bomb and eventually she's going to fly off in an angry rage against him for not being man enough to leave the toilet seat up.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

TGLS wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:20 pm
m4a2000 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:18 am
No one did, but when I found out I had to share.
You really, REALLY didn't have to!