Star Trek: Lower Decks - No Small Parts

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Sir Will
Officer

Star Trek: Lower Decks - No Small Parts

Post by Sir Will »

https://www.sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/l110.php

I like that body swap idea, lol. Ok not really but it is funny to think about.

The show started a little rough. I think I look back on it a little more critically now than before. But it absolutely grew and was a great first season overall, though SNW may have surpassed it. But the overall quality only gets better in seasons 2 and 3.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks - No Small Parts

Post by CrypticMirror »

I would watch a Boimler/Mariner bodyswap episode. At least LD would acknowledge it is a horrifically emotionally scarring trainwreck. They'd make fun of it, but they'd acknowledge it.
LordFeagans
Redshirt

Post by LordFeagans »

Kirk's nemesis: Klingons
Picard's nemesis: The Borg
Sisko's nemesis: The Dominion
Janeway's nemesis: Her own crew
Freeman and Riker's nemesis: Pakleds.

Mariner and Boimler aren't just lower deckers on their own ship, but they are lower deckers on the lower deck ships of Starfleet.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

LordFeagans wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:43 pm Kirk's nemesis: Klingons
Picard's nemesis: The Borg
Sisko's nemesis: The Dominion
Janeway's nemesis: Her own crew
Freeman and Riker's nemesis: Pakleds.

Mariner and Boimler aren't just lower deckers on their own ship, but they are lower deckers on the lower deck ships of Starfleet.
Archer's Nemesis: Archer
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I think the biggest thing Lower Decks can be thanked for is the fact it gives Chuck a NuTrek series he loves to review. He seems to not just dislike DISCO and Picard but not like mocking them either--which is the worst of both worlds.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Wait, Chuck was calling Jonathan Archer "Duchess" before the TV show Archer came out?
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:09 am I think the biggest thing Lower Decks can be thanked for is the fact it gives Chuck a NuTrek series he loves to review. He seems to not just dislike DISCO and Picard but not like mocking them either--which is the worst of both worlds.
It's been a while since I've watched his Discovery and Picard reviews, but I do seem to recall that he does seem to struggle more with those series than he does Lower Decks. The fact that he's only done two episodes of Picard doesn't make me optimistic regarding his opinion on on that series.

No idea about his opinion of Strange New Worlds is, yet.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Archanubis wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:10 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:09 am I think the biggest thing Lower Decks can be thanked for is the fact it gives Chuck a NuTrek series he loves to review. He seems to not just dislike DISCO and Picard but not like mocking them either--which is the worst of both worlds.
It's been a while since I've watched his Discovery and Picard reviews, but I do seem to recall that he does seem to struggle more with those series than he does Lower Decks. The fact that he's only done two episodes of Picard doesn't make me optimistic regarding his opinion on on that series.

No idea about his opinion of Strange New Worlds is, yet.
My hope is the Picard delay is mostly due to the sheer amount of crap he's had to deal with technically and housing wise.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

He seems to be in Voyager wrap-up mode right now. Only a handful left. Edit: Oh wow, last 2. Voyager could be done this year.
I haven't watched Discovery but some seem to think it improved with S3. Maybe it won't be as bad? Dunno. Picard, yeah.... Well whenever he's able to get to SNW I think he'll enjoy that too.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Seeing this review just as season 3 ends was nice. There will be some rough patches ahead, there are moments when someone takes a huge step back, but the show does grow on you and I believe it has moved out of Rick and Morty's shadow.

That said, LD ranks just below SNW and Prodigy. LD is fun, but the other two give me what I love most of all about Trek: Hope.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.