Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Sir Will
Officer

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Post by Sir Will »

Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Re: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

Excellent review.

This is the best Batman movie bar none.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I can see it. Although kinda feels it had loose threads
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I think the best moment is where Bruce genuinely thinks about abandoning Batman because he's not angry all the time.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:15 am I think the best moment is where Bruce genuinely thinks about abandoning Batman because he's not angry all the time.
People often move on from their trauma, as they've grown distant and bigger than their issues. Alas, he's a tragic comic-book character. He's not allowed to move on. The curse of every comic-book hero.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:21 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:15 am I think the best moment is where Bruce genuinely thinks about abandoning Batman because he's not angry all the time.
People often move on from their trauma, as they've grown distant and bigger than their issues. Alas, he's a tragic comic-book character. He's not allowed to move on. The curse of every comic-book hero.
Also it sets the whole scope of the story. In Daredevil, Foggy Nelson tends to be the only main character making any sense. He also tends to be the only one telling Matt to put the suit down, but that would be an utterly boring course of events for the audience.
Power laces... alright.