DS9 - The Passenger

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: DS9 - The Passenger

Post by CrypticMirror »

TGLS wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:38 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:42 pm Have you killed someone, if you run them over while you sit in your car? That is not a question that has multiple answers...
Were they dead before you ran them over? Did they die during or after after you ran them over?
For legal reasons, we choose to believe they had a heart attack in the nano-second before the front bumper pulped them. That takes it down from murder to just defiling a corpse.
#JanewayLegalAdvice
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

LordFeagans wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:34 am
clearspira wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:02 am
I did like the ending of this one though with the female alien security guard just pulling out her phaser and blowing Vantika away. This clearly the best approach to dealing with a threat like this, even Jadzia and Sisko didn't look all that bothered.
Well, he was dead. His body was confirmed dead by a licensed doctor and I'm sure the security guard told her government that his body was dead, so did she kill Vantika, or did she just destroy a machine?
Pretty sure that same doctor declared him dead earlier in the episode when he wasn't really.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

pilight wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:43 pm
LordFeagans wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:34 am
clearspira wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:02 am
I did like the ending of this one though with the female alien security guard just pulling out her phaser and blowing Vantika away. This clearly the best approach to dealing with a threat like this, even Jadzia and Sisko didn't look all that bothered.
Well, he was dead. His body was confirmed dead by a licensed doctor and I'm sure the security guard told her government that his body was dead, so did she kill Vantika, or did she just destroy a machine?
Pretty sure that same doctor declared him dead earlier in the episode when he wasn't really.
Nothing is more unreliable, in Star Trek, than a Doctor's diagnosis of death. People walk off a case of the deadsies all the time. If Vantica really wants to come back, even from the petridish, he's have found a way.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

this reminds me of a bit in red dwarf
"death isn't the handicap it used to be"
LordFeagans
Redshirt

Post by LordFeagans »

chaos42 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:10 am this reminds me of a bit in red dwarf
"death isn't the handicap it used to be"
True in Star Trek

Vantika

Spock

Picard

The Doctor's Vidiian girlfriend on Voyager (she wasn't dead, but she was able to assist on her own surgery)

The Warlord in Voyager "Warlord"

Weyoun

Data's "Grandfather"

Gray in "Discovery"

Harry Kim

O'Brien

Worf

Shax
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Dax seems like she shouldn't be left off this list.

Also Tasha Yar, several times.

Dr. Culber on Discovery.

Neelix in "Mortal Coil."

Kirk in Generations, sort of.

Sheesh, maybe it would be shorter just to make a list of characters who haven't died and come back at some point.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Zefram Cochrane, kind of.

Data's ''mother'' as an android.

Dax has already been mentioned, but you can argue ''all of her hosts'' in that episode where they occupied the bodies of the DS9 crew.

The entire TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT crews due to time travel.

But yeah, we can safely establish that ''shooting the body swapper who appears to be dead'' is one of the smartest moves on Star Trek history lol.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Well you have 1000 episodes of a franchise spanning decades that's just going to happen.

There's a reason Chuck has a "Lazarus of the Week" category.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

you have to wonder about how its listed on their service records. Name Rank planet of origin birth date and like half a does dates they died and were brought back. Have they been duplicated by some sort of transporter accident, shuttle crashes ect. im betting that starfleet HR probably reads people files and either laugh about the absurdity or look at it and scream in terror at this.