Doctor Who: The Macra Terror

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
AllanO
Officer

Re: Doctor Who: The Macra Terror

Post by AllanO »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:27 pm True, but... anyone know any way I can download one of his vids? I wanna save it in case they all get updated.

So I think this would work? Download and fire-up a screen casting program that will record whatever you put on the screen. Then stream a video in full screen mode and you will make a recording of the video. Kind of a slow download and monopolizes a computer for the duration.

I stream videos through a DVD recorder via S-Video out on an old laptop and record the stream onto DVD, but that would require kit most people don't have.
cdrood wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:22 pm While I do understand the reasoning, I think I'd prefer Troughton and Hartnell episodes animated in black & white.
Turn colour off on your display, instant black and white? (probably harder than I think...)

I just figured out a really easy way to quote multiple posts in a thread by just hitting the quote button next to them in topic review below the post window, I have been cutting and pasting from different tabs all this time....

Anyway I am now trying to image the cross over of the Macra Terror and the Happiness Patrol...
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Becca
Redshirt

Post by Becca »

I agree with Chuck- I’d love to see Fury from the Deep next! The audio tape Tom Baker version was the first Doctor Who thing I bought for myself back in the 90s, and was so gutted when it eventually got chewed up in my tape deck.

Such a creepy atmospheric story.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I still need to get caught up on Doctor Who. Shit, my last serial I saw was "Enemy of the World," and the last episode of B5 was the one called "Epiphanies," in Season 4. Though atm, too busy downloading SG-1 to do that.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Zefram Mann
Redshirt

Post by Zefram Mann »

Part 3 seems to be down. Was looking forward to it too, since I'd finally seen the animated version.