Swtor Jedi knight

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
finelargeaxe
Redshirt

Re: Swtor Jedi knight

Post by finelargeaxe »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:10 am Hey does anyone know when Chuck says he wanted to murder the lightside robot droid companion.
I think that was all the way back in the Imperial Agent storyline...
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

SuperJyls wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:05 pm We've what a Jedi Order with less strict rules looks like, Luke's Order in Legends had a 60% dark/fallen Jedi rate
Wouldn't be interesting stories, if things didn't go side-ways now, would it? Hardly a measure to judge by.
Besides, in-universe, what did Luke have to go by? He was raising an entirely new order, with no prior experience. Of course it turns out less than ideal. The idea is to learn from the mistakes and not repeat them. Something that the original Jedi-Order wasn't exactly talented at.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

finelargeaxe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:10 am Hey does anyone know when Chuck says he wanted to murder the lightside robot droid companion.
I think that was all the way back in the Imperial Agent storyline...
thanks
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:40 pm
SuperJyls wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:05 pm We've what a Jedi Order with less strict rules looks like, Luke's Order in Legends had a 60% dark/fallen Jedi rate
Wouldn't be interesting stories, if things didn't go side-ways now, would it? Hardly a measure to judge by.
Besides, in-universe, what did Luke have to go by? He was raising an entirely new order, with no prior experience. Of course it turns out less than ideal. The idea is to learn from the mistakes and not repeat them. Something that the original Jedi-Order wasn't exactly talented at.
They needed new Force-wielding threats to tackle. With the Emperor dead, the Inquisitors weren't thought up yet and you could only get so much out of the Emperor's Hands, I guess they figured that the "A pupil of mine, before he/she turned evil" was the way to go.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

stellar_coyote wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:35 am
Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:40 pm
They needed new Force-wielding threats to tackle. With the Emperor dead, the Inquisitors weren't thought up yet and you could only get so much out of the Emperor's Hands, I guess they figured that the "A pupil of mine, before he/she turned evil" was the way to go.
Plus they burned through "evil clone" right at the start.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Ranadiel
Redshirt

Post by Ranadiel »

Just got around to watching part 7. Some random thoughts I had while watching:

The Doc Nemro bit was intended to have a bit more cross class story stuff to it originally. In the original plans the Bounty Hunter and Skadge would have paid Nemro a visit. So the "bounty hunter" referenced as killing Nemro was originally meant to be the "Bounty Hunter." As is, Skadge goes to deal with a Hutt offscreen for his quest. So the "bounty hunter" in the actual game is probably now meant to be Skadge, but he never explicitly mentions Nemro is the Hutt he is going to kill.

Speaking of cut stuff, the files have a non-death ending for Tala-Reh where the JK descends to deal with Sel-Makor. Not completely sure why that one was removed. My gut says it has to do with the one night stand with her that could follow that had reactions to.

The Voss are weird, there feels like a disconnect between what they wanted to do and what they actually do. None of the Voss we encounter seem to really be that evil just weird/alien making Satele's comments about them dark sided feel off, but then you get background stuff like the "Step of Harmony" where they throw people off of a cliff for being "wrong-minded" (aka questioning the mystics). I have to wonder if they were toned down from their original conception to try to avoid players hating them or of the plan was to explore the darkness of Voss more in future expansions that were later scrapped when they reshuffled all the plans in response to the FTP change.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Voss as a whole is weird. They were only mentioned briefly in articles or appendixes before the game came out, so I get they wanted to use an established world as a blank slate. But even after the game's release and subsequent expansions, Voss has only been relevant to the game.

If they wanted to do a "Strange, mystical planet with a deep connection to the force that isn't aligned with the Empire or the Republic" they should've just gone with Dathomir. You could easily come up with evil NPCs or ones that might be willing to side with the Light side, or just ambivalent characters in general.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

stellar_coyote wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:11 am Voss as a whole is weird. They were only mentioned briefly in articles or appendixes before the game came out, so I get they wanted to use an established world as a blank slate. But even after the game's release and subsequent expansions, Voss has only been relevant to the game.

If they wanted to do a "Strange, mystical planet with a deep connection to the force that isn't aligned with the Empire or the Republic" they should've just gone with Dathomir. You could easily come up with evil NPCs or ones that might be willing to side with the Light side, or just ambivalent characters in general.
Voss got bombed into the stone age in one of the expansions and the two races reunited. If it appeared on anything set later the culture would be completely different.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Does anyone think this might be the last one, I would love to see Republic commando.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

stellar_coyote wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:11 am Voss as a whole is weird. They were only mentioned briefly in articles or appendixes before the game came out, so I get they wanted to use an established world as a blank slate. But even after the game's release and subsequent expansions, Voss has only been relevant to the game.

I feel like Star Wars should be adding more force using cultures and new ideas, not always recycling them.