Swtor Jedi knight

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
griffeytrek
Officer

Re: Swtor Jedi knight

Post by griffeytrek »

stellar_coyote wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:47 am That's the opening to KOTOR 2 which actually surprised me.
The last few times he's hinted at which class he'd tackle next.
I think Jedi Knight bored him a little so he is switching things up to KOTOR 2 next. I kind of get that. Jedi Knight has 2 playthroughs. Light Side where it is a bog standard Star Wars story on rails. And DS where none of the DS choices make sense and just amount to "kill Puppies!" for no reason.
SuperJyls
Redshirt

Post by SuperJyls »

griffeytrek wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:39 am
stellar_coyote wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:47 am That's the opening to KOTOR 2 which actually surprised me.
The last few times he's hinted at which class he'd tackle next.
I think Jedi Knight bored him a little so he is switching things up to KOTOR 2 next. I kind of get that. Jedi Knight has 2 playthroughs. Light Side where it is a bog standard Star Wars story on rails. And DS where none of the DS choices make sense and just amount to "kill Puppies!" for no reason.
That's pretty much all DS choices.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

There are times that I think some character stories were written earlier before they had really found their groove, like the Jedi Knight story. As has been pointed out, the Dark Side choices just boil down to "occasional forms of jerkish murder" and that's about it. It ultimately doesn't affect the endgame.

On the other hand you get two very different climaxes in the Bounty Hunter story depending on the Light or Dark Side choices. And I really think that's what each character story should've gone with.
finelargeaxe
Redshirt

Post by finelargeaxe »

I wonder if he's having to record all of the KOTOR II footage on an original xBox like last time, too...

...I truly hope not. That game is almost unplayable without the TSL Restored Content Mod. Don't get me wrong: KOTOR II is my favoritest ever of all time, but even I know that the release version is held together with hopes and dreams.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

I do hope Chuck does eventually do the last three Republic classes for TOR eventually. I feel like a lot of the Smuggler's actual quips would keep him on his toes a bit. Plus, his in-character conversations with the class companions are always the best part of these videos.

I am curious how his Consular character would interact with that class' companions. It's been awhile since I've played the class, but I always felt that Qyzen was the better companion of the group, with the rest being rather "Meh."

I also remember the Trooper's companions to be a bit "eh," too, though I did kind of like Jorgan, Dorne, and M1-4X. Especially, M1-4X, that droid's just so... earnest.

Watching Chuck's Smuggler interact with that class' companions would be a howler. Especially with Corso and Risha, and I suspect his reaction to Guss would be especially savage. Not sure about Bowdaar and Akaavi.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

For the most part Dark Side choices are pointless puppy kicking for the Force classes and ruthless but at least understandable for the others. Silencing witnesses as a soldier or spy, getting involved in drug trafficking and piracy as a smuggler, that kind of thing.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.