Silly question, what is the origin of the Duchess nickname for Archer?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Silly question, what is the origin of the Duchess nickname for Archer?

Post by tacomoney »

Trying to remember this one with Quantum leap getting a new series and my family members watching it and waiting for Scott Bakula to show up.
I am waiting for that moment when he reappears to use the duchess name and that image of him in drag to get a laugh.

But inevitably I will have to explain why I have this and where its from and I will be at a loss.

Even TV tropes can't help me here.

So if anyone knows where did the nickname come from/ is a reference to?
Thank you in advance
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Silly question, what is the origin of the Duchess nickname for Archer?

Post by Thebestoftherest »

It was the name of the title character of Archer (Sterling) mother's dog, and Chuck use it as an insult.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:33 pm It was the name of the title character of Archer (Sterling) mother's dog, and Chuck use it as an insult.
Doh should have figured.
I thought that SFDEBRIS name for Archer predated the show Archer and it was a coincidence.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Wasn’t it his codename?
..What mirror universe?
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

tacomoney wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:29 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:33 pm It was the name of the title character of Archer (Sterling) mother's dog, and Chuck use it as an insult.
Doh should have figured.
I thought that SFDEBRIS name for Archer predated the show Archer and it was a coincidence.
Yeah, Chuck used it first. I think he said, back a few server moves ago, that he just picked something that sounded overblown and ridiculous at random, and it was just coincidence that it lined up with the whole Archer-tv show thing. It was in one of the videos, I don't know whether it survived the various rounds of moves and script updates though.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

CrypticMirror wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:03 pm
tacomoney wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:29 am
Doh should have figured.
Yeah, Chuck used it first. I think he said, back a few server moves ago, that he just picked something that sounded overblown and ridiculous at random, and it was just coincidence that it lined up with the whole Archer-tv show thing. It was in one of the videos, I don't know whether it survived the various rounds of moves and script updates though.
Yay, so I wasn't crazy this time.
I told you shoulder spider.
Now lets go eat Harry.