Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Restorations Commencing - Spoilers included!))

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Restorations Commencing - Spoilers included!))

Post by Steve »

So, since Chuck is bringing up probably one of his most quoted anime reviews again (seriously the TV Tropes entry for Madoka Magica's quote list even included quoting his "Bunnycat is a dick" at one point) I'm curious as to how many people are still thinking of this series. I recall when he first reviewed it oh... *checks calendar, sighs* oh dear.... ten years ago... I'd not heard of it directly. The first three episodes sounded fairly intriguing but it was the second set of three that finally got me curious enough to watch the whole series, then look forward to his reviews of the second half.

As a writer (of books and fics) I tend to favor interest in characters and this series, I think, is pretty decent in that respect. The characters we follow are developed well and have layers to them, they're not just a walking plot device or some such like sometimes happens in shows. And there's a certain... sort of Lovecraftian element to Kyuubey and the Incubators. They fit that mold of being these beings with power and understanding beyond the regular mortal ken and their interactions with us are, appearances and their protests to the contrary, not at all benevolent. Humans are a resource to be exploited, that's all. They care for our survival only so long as we are useful to them.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Restorations Commencing - Spoilers included!))

Post by CrypticMirror »

Episode three has already been blocked again.
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Post by TheGreenMan »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:47 pm Episode three has already been blocked again.
Went back up today. ...... And it's back down again.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

Once again, the people at YouTube prove they are even bigger dicks than Bunnycat...