Tsunkatse

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
drewder
Officer

Tsunkatse

Post by drewder »

Chuck doesn't really go into this but I feel like UPN's marketing on this episode was very deceptive. They totally sold it as the ultimate battle between the rock and "voyager's Battlestar babe". Even though the rock is barely on the episode and the real battle was between 7 and a random harogen.
stryke
Captain

Re: Tsunkatse

Post by stryke »

I still really like this one. Yes it's the result of crass marketing but even with that aspect it's a solid outing for the show. It's Voyager's football to the groin. Probably shouldn't have been done, but they still did good with it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Voyager's football to the groin, that an amp description for what Chuck goes through.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Remember that this was either Rock's first foray into acting or one of the firsts. Rock was still at his height of wrestling career too. It's not like today where we get like three movies with the Rock playing the Rock in each one.

There is a meme out there showing the Rock wearing a near identical costume in three different movies...
I got nothing to say here.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:33 am Remember that this was either Rock's first foray into acting or one of the firsts. Rock was still at his height of wrestling career too. It's not like today where we get like three movies with the Rock playing the Rock in each one.

There is a meme out there showing the Rock wearing a near identical costume in three different movies...
Wrestling ist a form of theatre and, as such, he was already an actor for a long time.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:06 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:33 am Remember that this was either Rock's first foray into acting or one of the firsts. Rock was still at his height of wrestling career too. It's not like today where we get like three movies with the Rock playing the Rock in each one.

Wrestling ist a form of theatre and, as such, he was already an actor for a long time.
Thanks Captain Obvious.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:13 pm

Thanks Captain Obvious.
Can't have been that obvious, otherwise you wouldn't have written what you did. Unless you mean to say, that you didn't spot the obvious? 😋
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:41 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:13 pm

Thanks Captain Obvious.
Can't have been that obvious, otherwise you wouldn't have written what you did. Unless you mean to say, that you didn't spot the obvious? 😋
No. Contrary to what you may think, most people know that wrestling, the type of wrestling that Rock, Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Randy Savage were in, was and is fake. All acting on stage. And it doesn't directly translates to the TV or movie screens either.

That is obvious. What I am staying is that the this was the Rock's first time doing TV acting or movie acting as opposed to the wrestling stage acting.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Harry Kim should have been the Death Match member.

:)
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:52 amHarry Kim should have been the Death Match member.
I mean it would mean it would all come to an end for him.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.