Christmas 2018 review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
griffeytrek
Officer

Re: Christmas 2018 review

Post by griffeytrek »

"Clone Wars-He's done a bunch of them, but I can't think of anything particularly notorious."

I would go with pretty much any of the JarJar episodes. Starting with the Bomba Jedi. Where Jar Jar is impersonating a Jedi in order to save Padme. Runner up is the Naboo HazMat/Toxic Waste pair of episodes that is just so horribly horribly cliched. And is so bad, featuring the toxic combination of Jar Jar and Padme as the lead characters.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Independent George wrote:
RobbyB1982 wrote:
Independent George wrote: I really think next year should be Farscape. I'm pretty sure that the worst episode has to come in season 1, where Farscape was struggling to find its voice-there were a ton of episodes that really fell flat for me.
Season 1 may have had the weaker episodes, but seasons 3 and 4 had a far more irritating cast. Stark, Jool, Noranti and Sikozu were all pretty insufferable in different ways.
Er, something's wrong with your quote. I didn't write that.
Sorry. I quoted someone that quoted you then deleted the wrong part. This board's quote system goes for a weird Russian Doll method of leaving all the names and sub quotes in.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

griffeytrek wrote:"Clone Wars-He's done a bunch of them, but I can't think of anything particularly notorious."

I would go with pretty much any of the JarJar episodes. Starting with the Bomba Jedi. Where Jar Jar is impersonating a Jedi in order to save Padme. Runner up is the Naboo HazMat/Toxic Waste pair of episodes that is just so horribly horribly cliched. And is so bad, featuring the toxic combination of Jar Jar and Padme as the lead characters.
Yeah but that just lends credence to the Jar Jar is a secret sith lord theory.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Honestly for Clone Wars you could just do the movie.

Otherwise, any episode that isn't about clones or is about Ahsoka or Movie characters is pretty fucking retched.
wallander83
Redshirt

Post by wallander83 »

Is there a complet list of all christmas episodes?
LiteYear
Redshirt

Post by LiteYear »

I believe these are all of them:

Voyager - Threshold
Enterprise - A Night in Sickbay
The Next Generation - Code of Honor
Deep Space 9 - Profit and Lace
Doctor Who - The Twin Dilemma
Stargate SG-1 - Emancipation
The Original Series - And the Children Shall Lead
The Animated Series - The Infinite Vulcan
Babylon 5 - TKO
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Ghilz wrote:Honestly for Clone Wars you could just do the movie.

Otherwise, any episode that isn't about clones or is about Ahsoka or Movie characters is pretty fucking retched.
Ahsoka's great! Later on. At first she can be a little irritating I suppose but not that bad usually.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

LiteYear wrote:I believe these are all of them:

Voyager - Threshold
Babylon 5 - TKO

Were a night in sickbay and Threshold actually Christmas reviews? IIRC they weren't (Or at least Threshold wasn't). Chuck started the tradition with Code of Honor and sort of pointed to Threshold and A Night in Sickbay as the worst of their respective series (And sort of retroactively included them when he made his retrospective of worst Trek episodes)

EDIT: Yeah, Threshold wasn't a Christmas episode (As he opens A night in Sickbay saying he did Threshold 2 years prior so he wasn't doing Christmas episodes yet. A Night in Sickbay is the first review with Christmas Music at the end too)
Megabeatman
Redshirt

Post by Megabeatman »

Ghilz wrote:

Voyager - Threshold
Babylon 5 - TKO

Were a night in sickbay and Threshold actually Christmas reviews? IIRC they weren't (Or at least Threshold wasn't). Chuck started the tradition with Code of Honor and sort of pointed to Threshold and A Night in Sickbay as the worst of their respective series (And sort of retroactively included them when he made his retrospective of worst Trek episodes)

EDIT: Yeah, Threshold wasn't a Christmas episode (As he opens A night in Sickbay saying he did Threshold 2 years prior so he wasn't doing Christmas episodes yet. A Night in Sickbay is the first review with Christmas Music at the end too)
Actually, I thought Threshold was a Christmas episode due to a number references like the Grinch early in the review and the whole “Jesus of the Week” thing when Tom comes back to life. Also, I recall Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was originally the Christmas episode between Threshold & A Night in Sickbay.
bronnt
Officer

Post by bronnt »

Ghilz wrote:

Voyager - Threshold
Babylon 5 - TKO

At some point after youtube banned him, he started redoing a lot of his old reviews. I want to say that his redone Threshold review actually did release on Christmas. If I'm right, he also added a lot more to it, since his Threshold review is over twice as long as most of his single episode reviews. Heck, his review of Threshold is 50% longer than his review of both parts of "Best of Both Worlds."