TNG: Gambit

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Dînadan
Officer

Re: TNG: Gambit

Post by Dînadan »

SFDebris wrote:
Though I suppose we should be grateful that they didn't give us Okana; a plain white cracker is still better than Okana any day.
What if they’d given us Okana as one of the crew and had him the first one executed as a demonstration of the power of the implants? Would that have netted this a +1 bonus or something? :P
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Oh no! A rinky dink pirate ship is firing on the flagship of the fleet! Will The Enterprise Survive??? My God, the suspense is killing me!
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

I mean, pretty much anything is better than Okana.

I remember quite liking the episode but you're right that there were a lot of missed opportunities and not enough to fill a two parter. I think I enjoyed it more than you but it definitely could have been a lot more.
Dînadan wrote:
SFDebris wrote:
Though I suppose we should be grateful that they didn't give us Okana; a plain white cracker is still better than Okana any day.
What if they’d given us Okana as one of the crew and had him the first one executed as a demonstration of the power of the implants? Would that have netted this a +1 bonus or something? :P
At least, lol.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I was watching the review and Baran's voice reminded me so much of something....

turns out he's Noel from the MST3K Classic

WEREWOLF

youtu.be/HTsbcZpH2VI
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

Let's be honest here. Are there any of us who wouldn't want to see The Rock as a starship captain?
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

^ I dunno, Patrick Stewart did a pretty darn good job in the role.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

Edvarius wrote:Let's be honest here. Are there any of us who wouldn't want to see The Rock as a starship captain?
Maybe, but I could see this being an exchange.

<Rock>Number one, what do you think we should do.
<First Officer>Given the...
<Rock>IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Had been waiting years, wondering if Chuck would bring up the fact they changed compromised security codes, every time I watched this two-parter, and he didn't disappoint! I'm on Cloud Nine. ^_^
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

Edvarius wrote:Let's be honest here. Are there any of us who wouldn't want to see The Rock as a starship captain?
I mean, the last three times he went into space are Doom, Planet 51, and Tsunkatse. Not feeling too confident on that one.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote:Had been waiting years, wondering if Chuck would bring up the fact they changed compromised security codes, every time I watched this two-parter, and he didn't disappoint! I'm on Cloud Nine. ^_^
Data is in command, so of course shit gets done, since he ain't busy kirking his way through the ship's ladies or ain't busy writing a new speech to preach to the next alien of the week and has no interest in snarling and gnarling while fiddling with the mekleth hidden in his sash.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox