10 Years of SFDebris

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Linkara
Officer

Re: 10 Years of SFDebris

Post by Linkara »

Finally registered.

I discovered Chuck when a fan of mine pointed me in the direction of his Threshold review and I've been a fan ever since. Chuck has been a huge inspiration for my own stuff - providing serious, thoughtful analysis combined with dick jokes and remarks about her Supreme Overlord Janeway. I haven't always agreed with him, but he's always put a lot of thought and effort into his work so he at least presents his opinions in a way that invites debate and discussion.

Here's to ten years and here's to ten more.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Hi Linkara! Loved your joint review with the Nostalgia Critic of Insurrection!
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

If you're the real deal, welcome to the community o7
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Linkara
Officer

Post by Linkara »

I am indeed the real deal and if you want confirmation, feel free to ask on twitter/tumblr/my site. =)

Otherwise, thanks!
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Linkara wrote:I am indeed the real deal and if you want confirmation, feel free to ask on twitter/tumblr/my site. =)

Otherwise, thanks!
Hey! Hey, yeah, you - the guy in the purty hat. What are you doing here? Don't you have your own 10 year anniversary reviews to do? Also don't you have some History of Power Rangers videos to reedit, reencode and rerelease? And don't you say you only released Fury yesterday, that was yesterday, and yesterday can lavish it's own praise.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Naldiin
Redshirt

Post by Naldiin »

Ten more years!
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I found out about Chuck by complete accented as I was looking for a review of Star Trek 2009 and while looking for it I came across Chuck's review of The Wrath of Khan and after watching said review I was hooked. I was well thought out, funny and made me want to re-watch TWoK all over again and I've been a fan ever sense and out of all reviewers online Chuck remains my favorite. Here's to another 10 years. :)
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

I found Chuck while he was still on Youtube, I can't remember exactly what I was looking for, but I stumbled across a Voyager review somehow (might even have been Emanations) and within a week I'd binged the entire archive. Back when the archive could be binged within a week, lol. :-) Now I can't imagine even thinking about Trek without thinking about Chuck.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

AlucardNoir wrote:
Linkara wrote:I am indeed the real deal and if you want confirmation, feel free to ask on twitter/tumblr/my site. =)

Otherwise, thanks!
Hey! Hey, yeah, you - the guy in the purty hat. What are you doing here? Don't you have your own 10 year anniversary reviews to do? Also don't you have some History of Power Rangers videos to reedit, reencode and rerelease? And don't you say you only released Fury yesterday, that was yesterday, and yesterday can lavish it's own praise.
*cough*

It looks like someone's volunteering to be assigned to Neelix's kitchen... :twisted:

Nice to have you, Linkara. :)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I found Chuck's material late, he had put up his Rise and Fall of the Comic Empire series on YouTube and I was hooked. Found out there was so much more on the website and I've watched everything on offer in the last year and a half. Keep on keeping on Chuck!