Past Tense (DS9)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
FaxModem1
Captain

Re: Past Tense (DS9)

Post by FaxModem1 »

Meushell wrote:I feel bad for Gabriel Bell in this episode. I know he had to die for Sisko and Bashir to get involved, but I wish they had let him truly be the hero of these episodes. He sounded like an interesting character.
It's like the Terminator, was it a closed loop, or did Sisko and company alter history, and then mended it as best they could? The show points to the latter, so we know He'll was always a hero. But if you keep the focus on him for too much, your main cast become guest stars in their own show. There's also the problem of casting someone with enough charisma and aura of a natural leader, enough that you can dedicate the episode to him.

Look at Shakaar, he was meant to be this charismatic natural leader, and he came off as a bit flat. Probably the reason why he was mostly talked about and not seen.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

its hard to say i think it is because the issue is that there was a gabrial bell but once he died sisko had to choose to take his place and until he finished the time stream wouldn't repair itself -the issue of it being different in the future is one that has never made sense to me as it wouldn't change unless they altered something is something a that is a tool used to show that they have to fix the past but really doesn't make sense. something i don't understand is that how the hell is it that if they have 10 choices of where to transport to that they can't figure out where they are its fairly simple first choose the option that is approximately the mid point of all the choices you have and go there if its the same as the history you know then you can eliminate about half you remaining option either way then do so again and again until you find it. with 10 targets your first jump eliminates 5 then 2-3 then 1-2 then your there or your already there and have gotten lucky so 4-5 attempts. I don't see why having 10 possible out comes is that hard to narrow down
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

FaxModem1 wrote:
Meushell wrote:I feel bad for Gabriel Bell in this episode. I know he had to die for Sisko and Bashir to get involved, but I wish they had let him truly be the hero of these episodes. He sounded like an interesting character.
It's like the Terminator, was it a closed loop, or did Sisko and company alter history, and then mended it as best they could? The show points to the latter, so we know He'll was always a hero. But if you keep the focus on him for too much, your main cast become guest stars in their own show. There's also the problem of casting someone with enough charisma and aura of a natural leader, enough that you can dedicate the episode to him.

Look at Shakaar, he was meant to be this charismatic natural leader, and he came off as a bit flat. Probably the reason why he was mostly talked about and not seen.
I think it would have worked if they got a good actor for Gabriel. Otherwise, make it a closed loop. Sisko’s hero was always himself. :D

As for Shakaar, he did seem to be pretty charismatic for a Bajoran man.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Meushell wrote:I think it would have worked if they got a good actor for Gabriel. Otherwise, make it a closed loop. Sisko’s hero was always himself. :D

As for Shakaar, he did seem to be pretty charismatic for a Bajoran man.
YMMV, but I found him dry and uncharismatic.