SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by Fixer »

Playing the Dark Consular, you can leave a trail of bodies in your wake, act as psychotic as possible and yet the Jedi Council just shrugs it off and gives you a slap on the wrist.

I had to check it out after my first playthrough with the Consular light side. None of the people I saved came back, including my first master. Anyone that could potentially die was treated as dead, probably to save extra work. It was so incredibly lazy.

The Sith warrior was a breath of fresh air when I ran my morally grey character. It felt like killing or sparing people actually mattered.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

Ok, I didn't get far enough into warrior to see that yet. And I was playing dark side, so I really didn't get much of the subtlety there.

Dark side smuggler was tons of fun; in so many ways, I feel like the smuggler really should be a dark side character. I especially enjoyed cutting a deal with Corso's sister, to his stuttering indignation. What part of 'we're criminals' did you not get, dude? Especially since he was hired muscle for an arms dealer, and now he's upset that she's a successful drug dealer. How hypocritical can you get? Maybe he was just jealous that she worked her way up to middle management while he was still just a thug.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Independent George wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm Ok, I didn't get far enough into warrior to see that yet. And I was playing dark side, so I really didn't get much of the subtlety there.
I loved the lightside warrior, as it shows a person that has often more of a moral high-ground, then the lightside characters in this game, especially when you compare your actions with other characters and the sometimes outright arbitrary distribution of light and darkside points. But it also shows a person that is out to empower himself, but not at any means necessary. The lightside warrior is just a reasonable person, which is sometimes somewhat flabbergasting. Everyone is constantly out to kill you, while you are actually trying to avoid unnecessary fighting.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
kpod
Redshirt

Post by kpod »

I get the impression that if Sith Sorcerer doesn't work out as a career, our alien friend has a bright future as a starship captain in the Delta Quadrant (or whatever the Star Wars equivalent of that is).
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Fixer wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 am Playing the Dark Consular, you can leave a trail of bodies in your wake, act as psychotic as possible and yet the Jedi Council just shrugs it off and gives you a slap on the wrist.

I had to check it out after my first playthrough with the Consular light side. None of the people I saved came back, including my first master. Anyone that could potentially die was treated as dead, probably to save extra work. It was so incredibly lazy.
The Consular story is... weird. The second half of the story is great (building an alliance of minor powers to turn the tide in the war), but act 1 is a chore to chug through. It feels like they wrote an outline and forgot to expand it (Nar Shadaa, Taris, Tatooine, and all but the last ten minutes of Alderaan are exactly the same plot repeated with different names), and then none of the events are ever mentioned again.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

mathewgsmith wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:19 am The Consular story is... weird. The second half of the story is great (building an alliance of minor powers to turn the tide in the war), but act 1 is a chore to chug through. It feels like they wrote an outline and forgot to expand it (Nar Shadaa, Taris, Tatooine, and all but the last ten minutes of Alderaan are exactly the same plot repeated with different names), and then none of the events are ever mentioned again.
The Consular story had a great opening on Tython investigating the past of the Jedi order too, which . It also fumbled hard at the end. Everyone else gets to have this incredible duel in a throne room, or assaults the enemy stronghold before a final epic confrontation.

Consular goes into a basement, then suddenly fights the bad guy in a cave. You're left wondering, wait, was that it?
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

kpod wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 am I get the impression that if Sith Sorcerer doesn't work out as a career, our alien friend has a bright future as a starship captain in the Delta Quadrant (or whatever the Star Wars equivalent of that is).
The Unknown Regions?
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Should Chuck make a KOTFE and a KOTET review I wonder who he will have as the main protagonist. He seems to have a soft spot for Winter but after everything Rex went through, i.e. torture, I could picture him being the hero and eventual leader just so he could get back at Keeper for suggesting her stupid plan. Thoughts?
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Winter wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am Should Chuck make a KOTFE and a KOTET review I wonder who he will have as the main protagonist. He seems to have a soft spot for Winter but after everything Rex went through, i.e. torture, I could picture him being the hero and eventual leader just so he could get back at Keeper for suggesting her stupid plan. Thoughts?
Depends on the approach I guess. Agent probably works out best for the storyline. It had a lot of unique dialogue for the class. Three companions return as characters in the story though SCORPIO's character is completely derailed. The story works best with a light or grey approach.

Also I guess Rex has a good excuse for that force training thing in chapter 12.

As for Keeper, her fate is covered in the Shadow of Revan sidequest. Also a good excuse for her not acting quite so sane.

Winter would be better if you want to demonstrate how KotFE backhands you every time you try to act as a Sith in character. *smack* YOU CHOSE WRONG! YOU ARE NOT AN INQUISITOR! YOU ARE A VERY BAD JEDI!
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

IIRC, during the base game, the Sith Emperor had the most personal interactions with the Warrior (and the Knight, but I don't think he's doing that one). Chuck might just make everyone the Outlander and tag-team between them.