Clone Wars: Arc Troopers

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Meushell
Officer

Re: Clone Wars: Arc Troopers

Post by Meushell »

ORCACommander wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:04 pm I was always under the impression that once the war broke out in full they found a way to further accelerate the cloning and training process otherwise I see the republic not being drowned out in superior numbers and that did not happen
That would be possible. That would mean that they had a way to stop the accelerated aging (and didn’t bother using it on the first clone batches), or the aging process itself was growing up quickly, then going to something closer to normal.

Captain Rex was aged twice as fast. He’s actually ten when we first meet him. Star Wars: Rebels shows he’s aging at the same rate. He looks about 60 when he’s actually about 30, so we know his age wasn’t slowed.

It makes me wonder what really happened with 99. He looks older, but he doesn’t appear to be rapidly aging anymore. His two episodes take place in two different years (22 and 21 BBY). Clone Cadets suggests that Echo and company were aged to adults in less than a year.

Maybe he was one of the first experiments in the new rapid aging process, and the first where the process of aging normal again actually worked. He’s the only one like him we see. Maybe the rest just aged too quickly for the Kaminoans to find useful.