Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

Post by clearspira »

I forgot all of the multiple examples of the phaser being one of the worst weapons in human history. Culminating in one episode of Voyager where Seven shoots Braxton with a futuristic phaser and ends up giving him wind.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Best guess is that, if you don't select a setting for the phaser, it automatically goes with the weakest possible setting as a safety precaution, and in the heat of battle our characters keep forgetting to set it to anything higher.
cloudkitt
Officer

Post by cloudkitt »

The unexpectedness of the direction his crude joke takes in Best of Both Worlds, "You might say that's a tasteless metaphor but you would be wrong! It's a simile." Has always cracked me up.
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

WW2 as recounted by various movies.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

From the Clone Wars, all of the jokes about Anakin’s love to fight.

After talking about needing a man for a likely suicide mission...

“So, naturally Anakin is there waving his one remaining hand and going, ‘Ooh, ooh, pick me!’”
——
Anakin: “Rex, tell the troops to fall back!”
Rex: “But, sir-“
Chuck as Rex: “They won’t know how.”
——
When referring to a huge monstrous eel that already killed a clone with ease...

“Rex puts it down with one shot though, because when you work next Anakin Skywalker it’s survival instinct to be ready to shoot Cthulhu when your general decides he can take it on and really want some calamari.”
——

With Star Trek, it’s his versions of Sisko, Janeway, and Archer...and any Trek joke in Gargoyles.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

My favorite SF Debris moment wasn't funny. It was when he was reviewing Evangelion and the treatment of Shinji. He does not even like the character. But he does not even get protected from being beaten up in school. Slapped and told off when he says he will pilot the Eva, that is what they want. Then after when he goes on an aimless train ride they send an army of goons to drag him back just to tell him he can leave if he is unhappy. . . Chuck's WTH was worth the wait.
turbo_sailor67
Officer

Post by turbo_sailor67 »

clearspira wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:48 pm Any Harry Kim gay joke does it for me - mainly because it is so obvious that he is gay that either the scriptwriters were oblivious or too cowardly to do anything about it (probably both though lets be honest).
Poor, dumb Harry lol. Considering they were absolutely horrified to have two extras be gay, yeah they just had no idea how to handle that and it shows. There was that TNG episode where they made it look like the "androgynous" race were just lesbians which gets the most hilarious TNG review line to me "In the face of lesbian tyranny, one woman is on a brave quest for cock!"

Rick Berman seems to throw Michael Pillar under the bus "the idea of seeing two men or two women in Ten-Forward holding hands was not really going to be an effective way of dealing with it." - I don't see why not.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I almost wonder now if they wrote him that way on purpose now as a way of getting it around Berman?
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

I've probably laughed most at "Landing at Point Rain", and Chuck's absurdly honest reaction of "...Jesus Christ" to the clones pulling out flamethrowers in a children's cartoon.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

wile I disagree with Chuck on the episode, my favorite joke of his was from his review of "Unimatrix Zero" where the Borg Queen is appealed at her actions and Parody Janeway says "Your Mistake was assimilating ME!"