Transformers - Call of the Primitives

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Transformers - Call of the Primitives

Post by CrypticMirror »

Watching Grimlock run really drives home the point that modern T. Rex designs are far superior to the old "tripod" dino designs. It just looks goofy.
DanteC
Officer

Post by DanteC »

Few quick questions since I remember this episode.
Was that really Earth that got eaten by giant energy spider?
And what was the deal with giant energy spider's creators apprentice? Was he meant to be the Matrix of Leadership or something?
Shame Chuck didn't throw in the last scene from the episode when Grimlock is trashing the place.
"You ruined my lab!"
"Me Grimlock think that smartest thing he's ever done!"
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

GRIMLOCK KNOW WHAT HE DOES!!!
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

The silly awesomeness of this episode can't overcome the deep disappointments of the revelations, no wonder no one considers this canon. Its like finding out that life on Earth actually came from aliens but it was the equivalent of a 3rd graders science project.... that he got an F on cause he forgot where Earth was when it was time to turn it in.
BlackoutCreature2
Officer

Post by BlackoutCreature2 »

Wow, I can't believe Chuck didn't even touch on the production side of this episode and why it has such drastically better animation quality then anything else in season three. That's usually the big appeal of the episode to most fans.
SMAXZO
Redshirt

Post by SMAXZO »

Thank God for the Japanese stuff that actually tried their level best...in the Generations manga, they had Primacron on trial for unleashing Tornedron on the galaxy and somewhat fixing the "Primacron being the inventor of Unicron bit" by stating something along the lines of "while a being is able to build a fire...the being doesn't create fire" suggesting that sure, Primacron brought the spark of Unicron in his lab..but he didn't make it, more like probably he brought the spark of Unicron into the Universe, like bringing an Eldrich Abomination into the universe.
Last edited by SMAXZO on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

BlackoutCreature2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:22 pm Wow, I can't believe Chuck didn't even touch on the production side of this episode and why it has such drastically better animation quality then anything else in season three. That's usually the big appeal of the episode to most fans.
It is a generally much more, well, animated episode - you get a lot of action and motion. I understand it was in part done by a different company than usual?
SMAXZO
Redshirt

Post by SMAXZO »

Robovski wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:44 am
BlackoutCreature2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:22 pm Wow, I can't believe Chuck didn't even touch on the production side of this episode and why it has such drastically better animation quality then anything else in season three. That's usually the big appeal of the episode to most fans.
It is a generally much more, well, animated episode - you get a lot of action and motion. I understand it was in part done by a different company than usual?
If I recall..yeah. Not sure which company did this, some claimed that Studio OX did it, others say Tokyo Movie Shinsha. Hell, not many even knew who the animation director was...as there were rumors that Masami Obari was the animation director for the episode.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

ok ive never understood that because an amateur is more likely to just charge in, it would be more accurate to say he has to be more careful because you don't have any idea what they might do but its far from being more dangerous than the second best as they are closer in rank and could potentially beat you in a fight an amateur is less likely to be a trained master.

Also the alternate factor has a good idea or two but ya its kinda bad.

this however gets me because they threw out all the old season one bots -not counting the reused animations they put in by mistake- but the dinobots are effectively monoformers as they NEVER transform out of beast mode, which is something that irritates me at least in season 1 and 2 they would transform not as much but in the movie on you don't see them transform, i haven't watched it in a while but i don't think he even transformed in grimlocks new brain where he was smarter.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Cus their dino forms fit their personalities way better than their robot ones.

Especially Grimlock who looks too badass to be so dumb.