With Code Geass being reviewed soon, do you think Chuck will like it?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Re: With Code Geass being reviewed soon, do you think Chuck will like it?

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

I love season 2.
Call me KuudereKun
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Admiral X wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:50 pm It's too bad the series ended on a cliffhanger, like so many others that deserved a sequel or continuation.
Mind you, they are making Season 3 as an Author's Saving Throw.

LELOUCH OF THE RESSURECTION!
tenkiforecast
Redshirt

Post by tenkiforecast »

Well, it won't cause naming migraines because Code Geass has a good dub. I honestly prefer it, hearing Johnny Yong Bosch as a gigantic ham is a treat.

My guess is that in some ways it'll be considered enjoyably stupid, at least for Season 1. Season 2, IMO, jumps so many sharks it's mind boggling, and not in the fun way.
turbo_sailor67
Officer

Post by turbo_sailor67 »

Admiral X wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:50 pm It's too bad the series ended on a cliffhanger, like so many others that deserved a sequel or continuation.
I've never watched this, but I went to look it up for curiosity's sake (I thought it was another one of the myriad of Gundam shows) but I'm surprised it's something by Clamp; which the "ended on a cliffhanger" is not surprising given it's by Clamp lol. The only thing I ever got into by them was X, and although it didn't end on a cliff hanger per se, that's only because the TV series created one by watching what the Matrix did. I mean I assume they did lol.
turbo_sailor67
Officer

Post by turbo_sailor67 »

tenkiforecast wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:18 am Well, it won't cause naming migraines because Code Geass has a good dub. I honestly prefer it, hearing Johnny Yong Bosch as a gigantic ham is a treat.

He will always by Firion in Dissidia to me :)
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

Oh the Bosch is definitely one of my favorite dub actors. I also operate on the assumption that English would be the "true" default language of the setting all things considered.

Wonder how R3 being a movie and seeming to build off the movie continuity effect things?

Would also love for Chuck to talk about Akito the Exiled while on this series too.

Been following a really interesting liveblogger who is currently doing Code Geass, so certainly have had this series on my mind.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

Resurrecting this topic as were getting the Code Geass Reviews.
I wait patiently to revive a topic and one day it will become relevant.

Evangelion....one day
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Not really. I don't think he'll like it.
..What mirror universe?
MixedDrops
Officer

Post by MixedDrops »

Was surprised to see this on the queue. Didn't know he was doing this one. I've always enjoyed S1 more than S2 myself, but either way I think Code Geass is a massive trainwreck, albiet one of the most entertaining ones I've ever watched. It just tries to be about way too many things at once.

Think Chuck might enjoy it if he's only seen it once. I'd say it's most enjoyable your first run through, but it gets worse and worse if you ever rewatch it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Am I the only one who felt sorry for Shirley and Euphie?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords