SF Debris's thoughts on Sisko's real mother?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: SF Debris's thoughts on Sisko's real mother?

Post by Madner Kami »

Marko Kujundžić wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:02 pm Did anyone notice that that makes him the only alien captain main cast member in ST?
That really slipped under the radar in hindsight. But then again, it's not like he's wearing his alieness on his skin. Oh, wait... *badum-tish* But seriously though, biologically, he has only human parents. You could argue that his ̶s̶̶o̶̶u̶̶l̶ Pagh contains prophetness I guess. I really dislike that part of the story.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Does anyone actually like it? It's pretty much objectively awful.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I don't really care for the idea that he was some kind of demigod. It robs some of the awesomeness from his character.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Admiral X wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:59 pm I don't really care for the idea that he was some kind of demigod. It robs some of the awesomeness from his character.
I have to agree. Sisko was a great human character, his special backstory actually diminishes the character from the capable, confident, but damaged man who came out of Wolf 359.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

8-)
Robovski wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:01 pm
Admiral X wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:59 pm I don't really care for the idea that he was some kind of demigod. It robs some of the awesomeness from his character.
I have to agree. Sisko was a great human character, his special backstory actually diminishes the character from the capable, confident, but damaged man who came out of Wolf 359.
8-) :D Sisko is awesome assuming he is only a regular Hyoomon. If Sisko were a God, then Meh is that it???

Jake is 1/4 God; Naomi is 1/2 Alien, both of them are regular childern. Both of them are more popular than Wesley who is practically perfect in every way

Theory Picard had an affair with Crusher. Wesley is Picard's bastard son. This xplains Wesley's perfection. Picard is messiah of Prime Directivism. Jake is a regular kid and Wesley is perfect because Jake descends from a foreign God but Prime Directivism is the One true Faith TM Fed gods are better than Foreign gods. They would say that wouldn't they?
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Artabax wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 am Theory Picard had an affair with Crusher. Wesley is Picard's bastard son.
I swear, if you watch through TNG with this assumption, there are countless scenes where it feels like the actors and the writers believed it, wanted to hint at it, but were not allowed to confirm it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, Gene himself was opposed to it... though admittedly a lot of this came after his influence waned, so... not a good idea to point to "Gene's vision" and "what Gene would have wanted," ie, the guy who hated Wrath of Khan.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

mathewgsmith wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 pm My big problem with how this was presented is how calmly Joseph took it. Finding out your life's great love was a lie, you were used as a pawn to rape a woman, and you yourself were a victim of rape by deception should be about the most devastating thing a person could experience outside the death of their child, but he just shrugs it off.
He does have a line where he bitterly asks Benjamin to ask the Prophets to kindly stay out of his family's business if he sees them, so there's that. Do wish it was more than lip service...

To my knowledge, Chuck has yet to do reviews of either "Image in the Sand" or "Shadows and Symbols," so we'll probably learn about his views on the subject when he gets to those. I would guess that he shares a lot of fans' (negative) views, but I've been wrong before.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Given how harshly Chuck has come down on rape before, I can't see him supporting this.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Marko Kujundžić
Redshirt

Post by Marko Kujundžić »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:00 am Given how harshly Chuck has come down on rape before, I can't see him supporting this.
Well, there's Lwaxana...