SF Debris's thoughts on Sisko's real mother?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: SF Debris's thoughts on Sisko's real mother?

Post by Yukaphile »

What about her? He did say in "First Contact" he doesn't support her getting raped either.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Marko Kujundžić
Redshirt

Post by Marko Kujundžić »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:41 am What about her? He did say in "First Contact" he doesn't support her getting raped either.
You're right, and I don't think he condoned it in the first place, he probably just thought it goes without saying.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Deledrius wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 am
Artabax wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 am Theory Picard had an affair with Crusher. Wesley is Picard's bastard son.
I swear, if you watch through TNG with this assumption, there are countless scenes where it feels like the actors and the writers believed it, wanted to hint at it, but were not allowed to confirm it.

youtu.be/cphNpqKpKc4
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I don't think Sisko is half-Prophet. I think the Prophets just had to make sure that the right human was in the right place at the right time. But I don't know if there's anything solid in canon to call it either way.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Darth once again showing his fine "logic" in ignoring the transcript where Sisko confronted the Prophet about possessing Sarah Sisko's body, and the Prophet doesn't deny it.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:29 am I don't think Sisko is half-Prophet. I think the Prophets just had to make sure that the right human was in the right place at the right time. But I don't know if there's anything solid in canon to call it either way.
Yukaphile wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:39 am Darth once again showing his fine "logic" in ignoring the transcript where Sisko confronted the Prophet about possessing Sarah Sisko's body, and the Prophet doesn't deny it.
I dunno, I think it could be read that way. It possessed her in order to ensure conception, but that doesn't mean that he somehow has "Prophet DNA", just that he was the Emissary they knew they'd need because he was the Emissary, and they knew how he came to be. It's been too long since I've watched the relevant episodes to be sure they didn't contradict that, though.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Hmmmm... I guess so. He would still be the genetic child of Sarah Sisko and Joe Sisko then. And it's just this Prophet weaving the strands of fate. Okay, I concede the point.
Marko Kujundžić
Redshirt

Post by Marko Kujundžić »

Anyway, I think it's a great victory for alien rights.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Here's some scary speculation... what if the Prophets had killed off Sarah Sisko before Joseph could track her down? A month before he found her? That seems awfully suspicious, doesn't it? Especially given she was so traumatized, she couldn't even face this poor man who was just as much victim afterwards. I'm amazed Sisko could ever trust the Prophets again after learning that. Seriously, what the FUCK were the writers THINKING?!