Schedule Change

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Schedule Change

Post by SFDebris »

tl;dr There's going to be a change to the schedule starting Jan 19.

Those of you on Patreon already know that there was an accident where my son was working. An object being loaded on the truck struck him in the head, and while he is almost certainly going to fully recover, it's necessitated and is continuing to necessitate that I devote my attention to caring for him as opposed to working on the show. Rather than trying to juggle things, I've decided it would be best for everyone to simply take the week off and reschedule.

Because I am working ahead, this will take effect after the release of Caliban's War next week; it and the final episode of Discovery will be posted when they are scheduled. After that, I'll be shifting things around.

Rest assured that this is merely a temporary setback, as there are big plans for the year. You can expect me to close out Full Moon, Escaflowne, Kino's Journey, Korra Season 2 (at the very least), Mahoromatic, both SWTOR games, and a host of movies, as well as starting some new shows like Code Geass and Full Metal Panic. And don't think that I haven't noticed that a certain show that's overdue for some love is having it's 20th anniversary this year. I'm confident that this can all go forward as planned with just a little playing around with things.

Thanks for your understanding, I will update the schedule when I am able.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Schedule Change

Post by Yukaphile »

You take care of your family. Real life takes precedent. That's my saying. I understand. The show must go on. But that is second to "My family comes first." I'm just glad he's okay! XD
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
MerelyAFan
Officer

Post by MerelyAFan »

You take as long as you need to. Honestly you've spoiled us so much with content as of late Chuck, (including the Orville marathon) that I'd be okay with any sort of time off you feel is appropriate. Best wishes to you and a hope for a speedy recovery for your son.
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

Good luck to your son. I had a coworker suffer a head injury on the job. they did not get off lightly :(
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Family takes priority over reviews, and best of luck to your son.
Zefram Mann
Redshirt

Post by Zefram Mann »

Good to hear he's doing okay. Take care and blessings be upon a speedy recovery to him.
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

goodness. I'm glad to hear he's gonna recover. That must have been scary for him (and you guys, and his co-workers I'd imagine)
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, it could have been way worse, sounds like. Again, just happy he's fine. :)
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

No problem. Life comes first.

I'll say some prayers for both your son, and for you too.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Life comes first. Video reviews can wait. Here's hoping your son has a full recovery.