Episodes you could've sworn Chuck reviewed, but hasn't

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
nebagram
Officer

Episodes you could've sworn Chuck reviewed, but hasn't

Post by nebagram »

I've just started a rewatch of DS9, mainly because the pilot was on a cable channel on Sunday and one thing kinda led to the other (same thing happened with B5 last year). Just got up to 'Dax', the season 1 episode, and I was absolutely certain Chuck had done this one, if only because of Sisko's log at the start talking bout Keiko going to Earth for her mother's 100th birthday and being baffled about a woman presumably in her sixties deciding to have a child. Compounded later in the episode by the Bajoran judge commenting that she's also 100 years old and has a great-granddaughter the same age as Jadzia.

On a semi-related note, I could've sworn there was a thread like this before as well.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Episodes you could've sworn Chuck reviewed, but hasn't

Post by Yukaphile »

That was in "Move Along Home" that he talked about that, IIRC.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yeah, according to Memory Alpha, the O'Brien's trip lasted from ''Dax'' to ''The Passenger'' to ''Move Along Home'' and returns in ''The Nagus''. I presume Colm Meaney was doing something in real life that required a leave of absence.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Meaney was often allowed to go off and shoot movies. Funnily, Wil Wheaton was offered a role for a movie which would have required him to not participate in the production of the first episode of the third season, "The Ensigns of Command". However, Rick Berman would not let him go, telling him his part in the episode was too important to write off and it wouldn't be fair to everyone else, so Wheaton had to turn down the film. His role in the episode turned out to be practically nonexistent, only appearing in one scene with one brief line of dialogue in the transporter room. This is what would contribute to wanting to leave the show, along with his diminishing role in the series during seasons 3 and 4.

As for episodes I sworn Chuck reviewed but hasn't yet: It surprised me not too long ago that he never covered the "Shockwave" two-parter. Now I'm more eager than ever to hear his reaction over Archer's infamous gazelle speech. He's covered nearly all the first season ENTERPRISE episodes so far, it's about time he finish it so he'll never have to look back at them again!

Come to think of it, he hasn't covered a lot of season one episodes of DS9 like he has with all the other series' season ones.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

And one of those was Die Hard 2, where Sloan murdered O'Brien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsiOsi_A5A0
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That story of Wheaton's is a real biter. The fact that he was of the most established actors of the show next to Burton and Goldberg is kinda gnarly. He was only like 16.
Yukaphile wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:12 pm And one of those was Die Hard 2, where Sloan murdered O'Brien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsiOsi_A5A0
Any landing that you can walk away from is a good one that's great.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

GreaterGamePlayer
Redshirt

Post by GreaterGamePlayer »

Heres one that I just checked for: Star Trek Enterprise's Twilight
bronnt
Officer

Post by bronnt »

I could have sworn he'd reviewed TNG "Manhunt," (ie, the episode where Lwaxana Troi shows up solely because she's cruising for ass) mostly because I have a vivid half-memory of him making fun of the fugly aliens of the week.
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

At one point I was 100% positive he had done Inheritance, seemed to recall him talking about the bits where Data knew something was off.