RIP Ruby

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

RIP Ruby

Post by Yukaphile »

Seems SF Debris's computer has finally kicked the bucket. Let us all bow our heads in a moment of silence. :ugeek:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
ORCACommander
Officer

Re: RIP Ruby

Post by ORCACommander »

well if he needs help designing one for a budget, I am game
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Huh?
yamiangie
Redshirt

Post by yamiangie »

Patrons got sent a msg about delays of rewards due to his PC dying.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

I can't believe he was still using Ruby. I mean, she was mentioned in the Trials And Tribble-ations video 8 years ago. I wonder how old she was then.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the "Trials and Tribble-ations" video a reupload?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

If you read this, Chuck: When building a new computer, remember one thing. Do not be so stupid to assume that raw GHz gets you anywhere. I've seen more than one video-creator falling for that trap. Go for cores over GHz. Still laughing my ass off about one particular YouTuber sinking 2k€ into a kick-ass work-PC and proudly announcing how his expensive 4-core CPU can run at 4GHz.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:15 am Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the "Trials and Tribble-ations" video a reupload?
I don't know. I guess that makes it even worse.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Very durable computer. Mine recently died, and I'd gotten it from 2014 through to early 2018.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm Very durable computer. Mine recently died, and I'd gotten it from 2014 through to early 2018.
You are worrying me. My comp is from mid 2012 and I can't replace her for a few more months.